• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/30/2018 at 12:18 PM, 16vjay said:

As a long-term (nearly 20 years!) Lancia Integrale owner, I can't not like this! :)  In fact my buying the 911 was an example of "Purchasing Mission Creep", started looking for a Lancia Beta, then a Beta Volumex,then a Fulvia and ended up getting the 911, each one inevitably being a bit more expensive that the one before.  Started off allowing myself £1000!

Have had various Lancias over the years but have owned this one, my first and probably least exotic of the lot now for coming up for 30 years :o  and the IB for 20 years later this year!  Just need to build another garage as I want something else but don't want to get rid of either.

The Betas always had the tag of the first of the "Fiat" Lancias. If you can look past the usual jokes and sneers then they really are terrific cars.  The Coupe would eat a contemporary Capri for breakfast but hardly surprising given that everything about it was 20 years ahead of the Ford.  Great engines and sublime very neutral (for a fwd car) handling make driving a real joy.  Have done a 200 mile round trip into the Yorkshire Dales today and on many of the bumpier, swoopier roads I feel more confident in the Beta than the IB.

Makes me cry how the Lancia marque has been destroyed over the last decade or so ....  

1877458023_IMG_0150(1).thumb.JPG.d1118a143544c81abe15f84d0c2ae8ab.JPG

Edited by topcarrera
On 6/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, Wingnonut said:

Wheeler Dealers this coming Monday 21.00 on Discovery! Lanciatastic!!!!!!😋👍

Just watched this, really good episode 

3 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I thought so too.  Interesting margin as well.....

Yes, I dropped bacon butty at that point 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to pm you Ian but you're not receiving messages.

I've got a friend who is helping clear an estate. There are amongst the cars two fulvias which are only good for spares ( one of them literally split in two when they moved it). Given your recent purchase I wondered whether you needed anything ?

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 7:36 PM, Mondrian said:

Looks mint Ian .... I see a red theme developing.

Kudos to Geoff @ Taylor D for doing such level of work on a personal GT6 project, I don't think I have ever seen anything like it on sub 6 figure cars. Thanks for sharing Gary.

I came back to this thread because I’m also tempted by a Fulvia but just noticed the above.  Geoff Taylor is a good friend of mine and we have worked on a few project together.   He was actually one of the first people to have one of our electric AC kits for a GT40 he is building. 

His GT6 is a lot of fun.  Still find British cars a bit rattly compared to German stuff! 

So how is the Fulvia Ian?  Is it rattly?  :)

18 hours ago, Jonny Hart said:

So how is the Fulvia Ian?  Is it rattly?  :)

I have no idea yet Jonny, not had too much time time get stuck in but have been learning things about it and shaping the plan.  The Lancia Club seems a good source of knowledge, but like many fora also has a bit of opinion.  I’ve removed the plugs and found them badly fouled, put some oil into the bores and cycled the engine a few times on the crank.  I’ve also borescope'd it , seems clean.  In the New Year I plan to visit Omicron in Norwich, have a chat and buy some service items as well as an electronic igntion distributor kit. I don’t fancy faffing around with points.  Then change all fluids, filters, flush the fuel system, fit a Facet electric fuel pump and see what happens when I turn the key.  I will of course report back.  The big thing is that it remains a very pretty, elegant little car and apparently they drive well.  Go get one.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry not yet.  I plan to take a few days off in the summer and visit Omicron with a shopping list and get it going.  I promise I will report back here on progress

You can always volunteer to help me for a couple of days.  Free B&B....

Ian you will be pleased to know the Fulvia is one of the cars that has gained in appreciation rapidly this year (according to my classic car mags) so without doing anything you have probably gained a few k  :)

Lovely little cars, would love a rally spec HF...or looky likey

I tried to hunt down a Fulvia bargain whilst in Italy during Spring but the penny had dropped over there too and I couldn't find one for sensible money.  I think Rallying has had a bit of a nostalgic upsurge this year so anything with a bit of rally heritage has been pulled up in price.

• 1 year later...
On 18/05/2018 at 13:44, Von Twinzig said:

Cunning IC1 - storing it in a barn that is.

Get a few years of dusty patina on it, blow some straw under the bonnet (not too much), let the battery go flat, let some air out of the tyres, pull the handbrake up all the way, then in a few years announce to the unsuspecting world a new ‘barn find’ Lancia. Pure genius!:ani_nerd::bowdown:

VT

Ian, any updates?   Please tell us that VT's prediction was wrong ...........!!