G50 Gearbox Mounts

Right chaps.

Planning to replace the original gearbox mounts/bush and not sure what to do.  The choice seems limited to about 3 options:

Genuine new from Porsche complete mount with bushes - Was silly money a few years and expect to be insane now.

Superpro - I have these at the engine end, but by all accounts at the gearbox end they're pretty noisey

Powerflex - Possibly same as above?

Any other options?  Rennline?

Maybe these, I think they're for G50

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod130012/Rennline-HD-Semi-Solid-Engine-Mount-Set-Porsche-911-912-930/

Hi Nige

Sorry mate can't help but need to this myself as mine are now flexing about a bit too much. As you know, the actual bush is the same as the pre-G50 ones its just they've done away with the outer housing. I tried removing the bush part from some cheapy standard motor mounts and although possible by boiling the things its a faff and I just lost interest. The ones in the link look like a good halfway house between squeaky-pros and OEM rubber - please take the risk and try them and let me know if they are any good :cool:

Thanks

Nathan

Doc - What standard ones?

I've got a spare crossbeam hanging up in the garage - not a specced up ally one like that though SP. Don't you just need to change the rubber bushes though? Surely don't need a whole beam? 

10 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I've got a spare crossbeam hanging up in the garage - not a specced up ally one like that though SP. Don't you just need to change the rubber bushes though? Surely don't need a whole beam? 

Pretty sure thats the standard factory G50 mount

Busy - the rubber bushes on the G50 bar mount are pressed into the actual bar so are not the same as the 915 which uses the same removeable mounts as the engine mount.

2 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Mine is for the 915 box. It looks steel. Can you just replace the bushes on the G50 mount? 

Don't believe you can buy genuine Porsche replacement bushes for G50, only the whole beam.

Nige  - another bush option i think - but maybe no different to what you've posted:  http://www.rebelracingproducts.com/Transmission.html

Sure i read some peeps have been fine with Superpro transmission mounts - i know Anil swapped his back out to a factory bush equipped bar, too much NVH

5 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Busy - the rubber bushes on the G50 bar mount are pressed into the actual bar so are not the same as the 915 which uses the same removeable mounts as the engine mount.

Thanks and ouch! 

Not buying a new beam.  Can standard bushes be pressed in then?  I though they couldn't and had to be some split affair like the SuperPro types.

Think I might go with the Rennline jobbies.

I put superpros in mine and hated the noise. Kept the engine mounts but found a replacement second hand bar from 9apart and then sold my existing bar along with the superpro inserts making it a no cost swap almost. 

New bar was circa £520 all in from OPC. 

Nige

Yes the 915 bushes will work. Cab ones might be a bit stiffer and "better" but might be harder to press in?

Cheers

Rennline ones might be worth a go first though?

I put superpro in mine. Had no issue with noise or vibration. It took out about half an inch of slop which I hadn't noticed but had got used to - felt considerably more responsive as a result

The superpro come in two parts so you can fit them to the G50 cross-beam. I would make doubly sure that the Rennline ones will fit the G50 crossbeam

46 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Matt - can you get hold of the Rennline ones?

No, D911 are the importers Im afraid