hetherc

European Breakdown Cover

Planning my trip to Classic Le Mans in July and for piece of mind I'd like to put some one trip only breakdown cover in place. My insurers only do an annual policy which is a bit steep and I'm struggling to find a product online. Anyone have recommendations please?

I use the AA - they provide both Annual and Single Trip options - they also cover cars that are more than 10 years old.  Had to use them twice in one trip a couple of years ago and they were brilliant - great service, communication and no nonsense with the local providers.

not really a relevant reply, but interesting nonetheless... I insure my cars through Heath Crawford, a broker. They underwrite through Hagerty who offer free European roadside breakdown cover. A nice perk at no extra cost.

I’ve had a great experience with AA euro breakdown in the past. They can be pricey for a trip longer than a few days though.

Now I just rely on the Euro Cover I get with my Classic Line policy which the one time I had to use it (puncture and trying to locate a replacement tyre) they were surprisingly helpful. 

Ive used autoaid in the past that were very helpful the one time I needed them.  I see they have sister company for Europe called EuroRescue.co.uk and do short term cover.  I haven’t used this but maybe ok?

Read the small print, and doesn’t cover cars older than 15 years - That’s no good.

Lots of people swear by ADAC but not sure if you need to be mainland resident for that. 

Have you considered the Automobile club De l'oeust? I joined as it was the cheapest way to get 6 tickets and got the benefit of access to their facilities at the track. Broke down in my brother's car when skiing later in the year and they were quick and efficient (actually an ADAC truck which collected us)

I also have my 'old cars' insured through Hagerty and they include (annual) European breakdown cover.  But they are not the cheapest.

or you can call me and i will come to your help   I will be in Czech so much closet then south France

00420 721 241 241

Ivan

12 hours ago, proporsche said:

or you can call me and i will come to your help   I will be in Czech so much closet then south France

Ivan

I can personally vouch for Ivan’s break down assistance services 😊

Mid Wales and uk would take a little too long ,,or? All is possible;-)i would have to bring more tools i case i get stuck somewhere;-D

Ivan

Thanks guys - some helpful suggestions. Turns out my insurers (Heritage) are more reasonable than I had thought and they've set me up with ALPS Road Rescue annual membership for under £40. Hopefully I won't need them🤞but they will be ok if I do. Good to have  Ivan's number as a back up!