Classic Le Mans - who is going?

I’m heading down on Friday with a few friends. Not taking my car, enjoying some air conditioned luxury in a mates Maserati Ghibli Cup. 

Hope to see some of you down there for a beer. 

I'm setting off this afternoon with a bunch of mates and on the overnight ferry.

I'm taking the 997. We're staying at the Rive Sartre Chateau and it just happens that there's a Piston Heads gathering at our digs on the Friday night, free for anyone - just have to print off the windscreen ticket.

im heading off Friday morning in the IB in convoy with a caterham :) on the 8.36am train if anyone else is similar. Staying at Speed Chills Bleu Sud. Think Les is same site? 

59 minutes ago, strosek34 said:

I'm going tomorrow,  around 09:00 Eurotunnel crossing.

Staying at Chateau Chanteloup.

Ah great news, Steve.  I'll see you at the bar on Friday night 🙂

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

im heading off Friday morning in the IB in convoy with a caterham :) on the 8.36am train if anyone else is similar. Staying at Speed Chills Bleu Sud. Think Les is same site? 

We're scheduled for the 8:20 but are going to try for the 7:50 to join up with some other guys.  1 x boxster, 1 x beetle, 1 x Peerless, 1 x Maserati . Honk if you see us! 

11 minutes ago, Northy said:

We're scheduled for the 8:20 but are going to try for the 7:50 to join up with some other guys.  1 x boxster, 1 x beetle, 1 x Peerless, 1 x Maserati . Honk if you see us! 

Certainly won't miss that convoy!

We're a 997, 991 GT3rs, '68 Bullit Mustang, Boxster and a Lambo Mucialago- you won't miss us either 😄

19 hours ago, Northy said:

Nice convoy Lewis. I'll just have a sky-blue caterham with me but may spot each other en-route. Sure I will bump into a few of you over the weekend....in a bar :)

On your way through France...

On 1st July the open road speed limit (non-autoroute) was reduced from 90kph to 80kph. The gendarmes are out in force this week, apparently.”

19 hours ago, Dr Rock said:

On your way through France...

On 1st July the open road speed limit (non-autoroute) was reduced from 90kph to 80kph. The gendarmes are out in force this week, apparently.”

So that's why my satnav shows 90 as the limit, Waze shows 90 and TomTom speed cameras shows 80!!

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Roy M said:

Police breathalysing everyone at entrance to Baie de Somme services near Abbeville

Why, do they sell beer there?

872043FD-6A4C-4D74-B668-AE889C6D7726.jpeg

I love that the Porsche club of France rented a huge field and then made the boxsters park 200m away from anything air cooled. Trying to tell them something? 

43833BCA-39F7-42E5-AA52-720A09F8D29E.jpeg

Just back late last night from my 6th CLM and what a great event! Porsche overload - even special races this year populated almost entirely by 911s. Stayed on the Pistonheads site where breakfast/dinner and pre-erected tents are provided alongside a bar and Tv coverage of the football and GP. 

One of the highlights was the drive down and back, we went Poole/Cherbourg and home via Portsmouth last night. Again loads of IBs on the ferry. Seven cars in our convoy incl 2x IBs

Two years to wait for the next one☹️

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG

IMG_6575.JPG

couple of my 'action' shots, didn't take many photos this time as was too damn hot!. Such a great weekend of seeing just about every cool race car from your childhood up to the 90's. Only thing that cheesed me off this year (and also blighted the main 24hr race) was the endless safety car and slow-go zones that ruined nearly every race we watched, got to love health and safety gone mad.:rolleyes:

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

Slow zones were ridiculous. Like let's keep a double waved yellow out for the rest of the race for a car parked up on the armco inside of a corner ridiculous. 

Ruined the Group C race from where we were sitting.

Edited by reddevil