Low Profile Trolley Jack

Last one looks good if you ever intend to remove the engine as the car needs to be higher off the ground than you think!

Chris.

Costco used to do a really good low profile jack. I bought mine about 6 years ago. Weighs a bloody ton though mind you!!! 

Look up the Weber site, excellent quality jack but a bit pricy. They do reconditioned one’s which I have had for may years, the really high lift has proved valuable over the years.

David.

(Had a photo which has now gone missing!)

I've got one of the Costco ones and it seems decent to me. Smooth and easy to use - allows you good control when lowering the car down, which is useful. 

But I'm no jack expert.  Some would say, I don't know jack ****. 

+1 for Weber - have had one of these for perhaps 15 years - http://www.weberuk.com/shop/high-lift-and-long-reach-trolley-jacks/wdk13hlq--|3069/

Pricey but very useful with its long reach and low height. Only annoyance is that using it on asphalt tends to chew up the rubber o rings on the wheels but they're not strictly needed. And that the neighbors like to borrow it!

On 7/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, Chris T said:

Last one looks good if you ever intend to remove the engine as the car needs to be higher off the ground than you think!

Chris.

+1  for Sealey 2200HL - I've had one of these for nearly 10years - its done around 5 engine drops in that time. As above - you're be surprised how high have you have to go to be able to roll the engine and gearbox out. For anything super low I tend to drive the car onto some 8" x 2" timber off cuts - gives you a bit more room to make sure the jack's in the right place to lift etc.

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2018 at 10:40 AM, Sidewaysfun said:

Costco used to do a really good low profile jack. I bought mine about 6 years ago. Weighs a bloody ton though mind you!!! 

I have this older heavy one as well - looks like a Sealey but in black, probably a rebrand. Nowadays they seem to have an aluminum one which my brother bought, but I the old heavy beast feels more solid.