Impact Bumpers
Chrisox

IB roof racks

Hello

Looking for roof racks for my SC, ideally something period looking but will consider anything.

Only need them for a trip to Switzerland in October so open to renting them if anyone has some they don't want to sell. 

Cheers

Chris 

Saw this on a Beetle on Sunday. Expensive but looks fantastic. Also, the rack rests on the roof so it can't take that much weight. Do I mention it looked great.....

http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=22&Itemid=&vmcchk=1&Itemid=119

Search "vintage vw roof rack" on eBay and you'll find what you want. Couple of nice ones at the moment.

Alternatively, put 'Rain gutter roof bars' in fleabay and pick up a universal kit. Not much money and worked well for me carrying bikes and skis...

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-bars-with-Rain-Gutters-Racks-rails-Pajero-Shogun-Volvo-Estate-Jeep-6-Drop/272832621088?hash=item3f86176a20:g:OU4AAOSw~oFXL8qi

I have one - basic Thule rack that sits in the rain gutters with basic square bars.  I have in the past had 4 wheels and tyres on it.  Its gathering dust in the garage, so happy to sell it for a very reasonable price + post.  Will need to double check I have the keys but I think they are present.  PM me if interested.

Thule 951 feet on the front and 952 on the back gives you...

IMG_0774.JPG

^ That is the setup I have. Not too expensive, but at least I had to buy a full set of both feet. Fortunately I found another 911 owner that was also looking for a roof rack, so we both got the mixed set of feet...

I might have a set of 951/952 feet - will check the garage and buy them up in the for sale section.

That's a good looking set-up, I was worried about it being angled upwards towards the front too much, that obviously solves that. 

Sorry to hijack - but are roof racks the only way to go with bikes? I doubt there is one that works on the "boot"?

Only ever had bikes on the roof or in the car.... you can fit a frame behind the front seats with the wheels under the "bonnet"

here in the US seasucker's are quite popular for their ease of use and non-invasive nature.

5ea2e4b6d9b714fc3019f71811c16270.jpg

seasucker-australia-nz-vacuum-mounts-bik

20130726_070418.jpg

SC_Porsche_Carera5__37409.1473684646.jpg