Impact Bumpers
WP0ZZZ

Black Rennline floorboards

I'm looking to buy some black Rennline floorboards for an SC but I'm not able to find them in Europe. Any ideas where I could look at? Is there any alternative brand of black perforated floorboards?

Related imageImage result for black perforated rennline

(I asked a question about a week or so in an existing thread but it seems like the thread has disappeared...)

Design 911 have them, don’t they?  I think Matthew said Type911 will soon stock them too. 

The mystery of the disappearing floor board thread strikes again................................. 

anyone know how much they weigh? I do like the look of them and have done for years, but don't like adding un-necessary weight ;)  They always looks good in cockpit shots.

If anyone has any standard wooden ones they don't want, I'll buy them 🙂

9 hours ago, Northy said:

Design 911 have them, don’t they?  I think Matthew said Type911 will soon stock them too. 

Oops! You are right. For some reason I wasn't able to find them the first time I checked in Design 911. Thanks!

Can I ask a simple question - whilst they certainly look very cool (I'm tempted myself) surely they're not going to weigh anything materially less than the plywood version?

Much worse, in fact maybe a mortal blow to one's smugness after installing and admiring your cockpit endlessly :huh:, wouldn't that soft aluminum scuff after a few drives? After all they're installed exposed (ie without carpet cover, that's the whole point?) - it'd have to be literally bullet proof to keep looking great any length of time?

Gotta ask - any experience of this?

I agree, they probably weigh more than the plywood version. 

However, I plan to run them without carpets and the combined weight of carpets and plywood may be higher than the aluminium floorboards alone.

Ideally the aluminium floorboards should be anodised rather than painted which creates a hard layer on the surface. Not sure if the Rennline floorboards are anodised though...

The more they scuff, the cooler they'd look? 

4 minutes ago, Busybee said:

The more they scuff, the cooler they'd look? 

"patina" 😆

Pre-scuffed is twice the price ;) 

Someone should make a carbon version, it would be lighter and harder to scuff................................

The Rennline boards look cool, if they scuff live with it or stick some skate tape on them = double cool.

Composite floorboards are a bit silly really, we are talking about a few grams here. Really not worth the bother. To make them robust enough to be fit for purpose you really wouldn't be saving much.

The stock plywood boards are ok but can warp.

I've still got the link to the carbon boards thread if anyone wants it? 😉

Skater tape. Now that is cool 😎

The floorboards arrived today. They are definitely heavier than the wooden ones!

27 minutes ago, WP0ZZZ said:

The floorboards arrived today. They are definitely heavier than the wooden ones!

Yeah but they look 10 x cooler right?

Stick some nice photos up when you fit them :cool:

On 7/19/2018 at 11:24 AM, Northy said:

If anyone has any standard wooden ones they don't want, I'll buy them 🙂

Cash waiting....