Impact Bumpers
Sign in to follow this  
ebmbiker

New torsion bar options

Good day folks.

I'm in the market for new front and rear torsion bars for my '83 SC. Leaning towards 21mm front and 28mm rear as Elephant recommend these sizes for a fast road car. That's their hollow bars by the way. I'm also open to guidance on the sizes from you guys who've upgraded already.

My question is where can you buy new bars in the UK or Europe? I've seen the bars on Design 911 which I'm assuming are Elephant Racing. Just seeing what other options are around.

I've imported stuff from the US before, but the exchange rate isn't that good at the moment and there's the weight to take into account when shipping. Plus the dreaded duty, VAT and shippers 'handling charge'

Cheers,

JB

I've answered my own question. FVD and Rose Passion.

You can get Elephant Racing torsion bars at design 911 as well. They take the price in USD and use the same number as the price in GBP.

Any source in EU for any after market options, like "sway a way"? I am looking for stock 19mm front torsion bars in reasonable price but not much choices on this side of Atlantic.

Both Rose Passion and FVD are selling those, but the smallest diameter is 21mm while the stock size is 19mm, right? I guess it is not a good idea to mate 21mm front torsion bars with stock 911 SC rear bars.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:24 PM, suckho said:

Both Rose Passion and FVD are selling those, but the smallest diameter is 21mm while the stock size is 19mm, right? I guess it is not a good idea to mate 21mm front torsion bars with stock 911 SC rear bars.

Only stiffening the front will promote understeer which is probably not a good idea if you want to drive quickly.