Impact Bumpers
Sign in to follow this  
gazzahazza

Rear anti RollBar mounting Issue

Morning All,

was out having a drive in the car a couple of evenings ago and hit a large hole/rut. The upshot was an annoying knocking noise next time I took the car out. I have had the car up on a jack and can see on the drivers side of the car that the anti roll bar mounting that attaches to the body has broken away.

I cant see the full extent of the damage. Hoping to get the car on a lift later today to assess. I had a quick shufty on the internet and can see that there is a replacement part that can be welded in. Anybody had any experience of this and whether it is a big job? Expecting the sucking of teeth when I ask the garage to quote me on how much the welding might cost....

Thanks for any advice/observations.

GH

Common issue, I think 1-2 hrs labour tops.

You can consider the beefed up Wevo ARB Mount/console to the genuine Porsche replacement part 

2 hours ago, gazzahazza said:

Anybody had any experience of this and whether it is a big job? Expecting the sucking of teeth when I ask the garage to quote me on how much the welding might cost....

If you do hear that perhaps look elsewhere: the mounts are easily accessible and it's a simple job to do.

Thanks for the advice guys. I haven't got to the garage today due to work so still not sure how much there is to do. Can I assume I will definitely need the replacement ARB holder ? Trying to save some time to ensure I can get her back on the road as quickly as possible.

GH 

7 hours ago, SP72 said:

You can consider the beefed up Wevo ARB Mount/console to the genuine Porsche replacement part 

That's what I did many years ago and it's still going strong!

I appreciate this is an old thread,  I need to replace the rear anti roll bar mounts on my 86 Carrera and have had an estimate of about 7 hrs which seems a lot. 

Anyone had theirs done recently who could give me an idea of what they paid.

That does seem a lot Steve - I had mine done quite a few years ago but IIRC it was only about 3-4 hours labour and I hung around whilst they did it.

Grind off the old ones, weld on the new.

Did mine last month.  

I got the grinder out myself with the car on axle stands and cut the old ones off.  Cleaned up the metal and then had a local garage/welder MIG the new mounts on on the lift.

New mounts were £95 for the pair and £30 for welding.  

My time cutting the old ones off was a good half/full day.  Would have been much quicker on a lift as access with my axle stands on the highest was still awkward.  

As Chris says half a day tops.

Thanks guys,  

I’ve been to another garage and they’ve had a look,  they reckon around a couple of hours @ £40 ,  this is a much better deal, even if they take 3 hrs I’ll be happy.

10 hours ago, strosek34 said:

Thanks guys,  

I’ve been to another garage and they’ve had a look,  they reckon around a couple of hours @ £40 ,  this is a much better deal, even if they take 3 hrs I’ll be happy.

Much  more realistic!