New forum theme with more updates to follow! Please see the main thread in Impact Bumping.

MarkJ

Brands GP Friday 14th September

Very tempted, and its a Friday :)  with Opentrack for £350.

any takers? Superb track layout to blast about.

Good price for the GP, let me check what I've got on.

Mark

Would have been a good price ten years ago so by today's standards a veritable Billy Bargain :)

So just me on my tod again then....:kickrock:

what happened to the good old IB days where a good number of us would jump at a day like this? :cry: 

8 hours ago, MarkJ said:

So just me on my tod again then....:kickrock:

what happened to the good old IB days where a good number of us would jump at a day like this? :cry: 

If you could just pop round, help me re-assemble my front suspension, set it all up, drop the engine, rebuild the gearbox & stick an MOT on it then I'd be more than happy to join you :D The other little finishing jobs can wait for another day 👍

Awesome day had great fun, used the IB in the morning then the cayman R in the afternoon..as you do 😀

as fun as the Ib always is at Brands gp I felt like I’d brought a knife to a gun fight with so many fast moderns, so I went home and got my gun 😎 had some epic high speed chases in the afternoon that left me buzzing 

5F6727E1-5087-4ABE-9307-882701214762.jpeg

50E1F591-5FE2-4B15-B1C7-5FCDE32AF6C9.jpeg

97C0D4D0-BEE8-4781-AFEF-B29BEA7AAA4A.jpeg

E565A9D0-4778-403C-BB0A-878FC57462DE.jpeg

A380A4EA-3E96-4809-B37E-757F84D1293A.jpeg

2C7445A0-F3EA-492E-92BD-79EADE220056.jpeg

3797E4D7-D1A7-4B97-997F-28D4FCE62CF8.jpeg

F495F3FD-717C-4F80-930C-6AB85D9B8FCB.jpeg

brilliant mate, love the idea of nipping home to get your other tool!

Looks a great day Mark and some fantastic photography to remember it by 

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

used the IB in the morning then the cayman R in the afternoon

😎

Mark are you still selling the CR now? Looks like you had a good time in both cars. Went to Brands a while ago for the classic racing and was impressed with the improvements whole circuit looks good.

Baz

Ha, good question!  The CR was so good in the afternoon that I am now left wondering 'what was I thinking?!" Its superb on the track and nothing that I chased could get away from me, including top end porkers and Lotus, Alfa 4C etc.  I wanted to have a chase with a proper gt3 as there were at least 3 there on the day, but was never on the track the same time. I know they would definitely have the grunt edge out of Surtees onto the back straight but I think in all the corners there wouldn't be much in it.  A 991GTS was holding me up on the start/finish straight as being heavier (or less brave!) he had to brake sooner for Paddock bend and I was all over him in the corners, but fair play to him, we were both really going for it and was fun watching his back end getting very twitchy under hard braking :)  Got to say that was the most fun I've ever had in a modern car and left me wanting more.

I had only done Snetterton in it before, was a bit wary of caning it and my tyres were old originals and was mainly doing pax rides for the IB boys. Now it has Michelin Pilot sport 4's and they are excellent for grip and no fade, you can really push.

Brands GP is just an epic track, its got a great flow to it. Shame the fascist marshall wouldn't let me on with my Drift headcam as I would have had lots of good footage :(