Cool vids

Busybee

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, hagarep said:

Bit personal this one, as it's a 1977 C3, but it's nice to see one being hustled along at a reasonable rate!

Jason

what a great video. He must have some mighty big kahunas to drive like that at the Ring. Though I 'reasonably' think I could drive mine likewise chucking it into the corners like that, i simply wouldn't have the balls too knowing the possible outcome of it going wrong and the vast expense of car and Armco! :wacko: Fair play to him though, especially after he passes a 5 car wreck early in the lap...amazing :ani_clapping:  Maybe he has money behind that mullet so makes a big difference to your outlook/chance taking.

6 hours ago, MarkJ said:

what a great video. He must have some mighty big kahunas to drive like that at the Ring. Though I 'reasonably' think I could drive mine likewise chucking it into the corners like that, i simply wouldn't have the balls too knowing the possible outcome of it going wrong and the vast expense of car and Armco! :wacko: Fair play to him though, especially after he passes a 5 car wreck early in the lap...amazing :ani_clapping:  Maybe he has money behind that mullet so makes a big difference to your outlook/chance taking.

+ 1

I stumbled across this video just a few days ago and thought the same.  Would definitely feel exposed going at that speed without a helmet; must be the power of the mullet!

6 hours ago, MarkJ said:

...Though I 'reasonably' think I could drive mine likewise chucking it into the corners like that, i simply wouldn't have the balls too knowing the possible outcome of it going wrong and the vast expense of car and Armco!

^^^^ If you can pedal a bit the Ring isn't 'that' scary. Definitely wear a lid though. 

Edited by GaryH

1 hour ago, GaryH said:

^^^^ If you can pedal a bit the Ring isn't 'that' scary. Definitely wear a lid though. 

I wonder how many people have said that, before they rolled their car into a ball of snot 😉  I remember a chap telling me over a stein or three that I could go quicker through Foxhole.  He raised his glass when I reminded him his car had been recovered using a sweeping brush and that mine was parked round the back in one piece.

Hats off to Mr 3.0 Mullet Man in the video.  He can pedal and knows the place well.  Cracking video and a good reminder of just how sweet the older cars can be 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oliverjamesthomas said:

😉...that mine was parked round the back in one piece.

👍

Hiya OJ 👋

Mine was also parked in the Ring car park after 24 laps (several in the wet) over three days ;)

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

One for Doc @Dr Rock

Indeed! :ani_clapping: Though it is a slope front, with velour seats and it's an automatic and the front left quarter panel by the bodykit/A pillar looks like it has some dent in it :angry:

A/c was available and it doesn't torque steer because the driveshafts are equal length :ani_nerd:

47 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

if I lived local to Tyrells, i'd offer to sweep their floors for nothing just to be in the same room as the amazing cars he gets in that place :)

Metoo. All those Lambos...:wub:

7 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

Indeed! :ani_clapping: Though it is a slope front, with velour seats and it's an automatic and the front left quarter panel by the bodykit/A pillar looks like it has some dent in it :angry:

No pleasing some people eh 🤣😂

I've seen that Saab lurking in the background of some of the recent videos and have been looking forward to a video dedicated to it. Years ago one of my friends had a 900 Turbo when we were all knocking around in Ford XR's and Astra GTE's. It seemed very exotic and strange to us at the time!