Cool vids

Busybee

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite sure what to make of this  -   Disgust at the irresponsibility and danger to other road users,  laughing at the nonchalance and coffee on the dash,  or the Ari Vatananen Manx Grand Prix style sideways recovery  (watch section between 10.00 and 10.30) 

Edited by topcarrera
corrected spelling of nonchalance ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ian Comerford said:

Absolutely epic- if only we could roll back the years to probably some of the best motoring years! 

Cheers for posting this you have made my night.

Ps I will have the Lambo thanks.

Fin

Edited by zoot

20 hours ago, zoot said:

Absolutely epic- if only we could roll back the years to probably some of the best motoring years! 

Cheers for posting this you have made my night.

Ps I will have the Lambo thanks.

Fin

I’m with you on the car choice, but it’s close for sheer class

3 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

I’m with you on the car choice, but it’s close for sheer class

I'm with you but the whole vid just oozes class-fantastico........

Re The Muira and Daytona, great video, awesome cars. The Italian ex-Ferrari cowboy is such a character. Read his story recently in Motorsport Magazine. Nicki Lauda gave him his gold Rolex for pulling him out of his burning car. He got given the hat for sponsoring Marlboro back in the day at a US GP and has worn Stetsons every since. :cool:

Edited by MarkJ

21 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Have a look for some of Kidston's other ones 

Another great vid with some of my favourite Alfa’s in it-Fantastic and thanks for sharing.

21 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Arturo Merzario was driving the course car at a hillclimb I raced at. He was given the local dealer’s 500 Abarth. He was told to take it easy and Saturday practice he sets off behind some wazzock drifter in a BMW. Needless to say, three corners in he’d caught up with drifty mate. Arturo, bit between the teeth, has little time for showboating sideways cobblers, he tries to pass, no dice. So next corner Arturo gives drifty a good tap and away he goes.

Come Sunday morning the organizers wisely decide to sent Little Art ahead of the drifter. The organizers also put the dealer’s son in the passenger seat in a vain attempt to calm Arturo down. Merzario reaches the top in a time that would put him in the top 15 saloon car times, the Abarth’s brakes are on fire, the tyres are munted and the dealer’s son has descended from the car with “a look on his face like he has died twelve times in five minutes” according to my mate in parc ferme.

I love Art. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runnersp said:

Arturo Merzario was driving the course car at a hillclimb I raced at. He was given the local dealer’s 500 Abarth. He was told to take it easy and Saturday practice he sets off behind some wazzock drifter in a BMW. Needless to say, three corners in he’d caught up with drifty mate. Arturo, bit between the teeth, has little time for showboating sideways cobblers, he tries to pass, no dice. So next corner Arturo gives drifty a good tap and away he goes.

Come Sunday morning the organizers wisely decide to sent Little Art ahead of the drifter. The organizers also put the dealer’s son in the passenger seat in a vain attempt to calm Arturo down. Merzario reaches the top in a time that would put him in the top 15 saloon car times, the Abarth’s brakes are on fire, the tyres are munted and the dealer’s son has descended from the car with “a look on his face like he has died twelve times in five minutes” according to my mate in parc ferme.

I love Art. 

Great story and quite jealous of your access to Italian hillclimbs.  On my list of road trips to do, especially after our last Italian epic