Cool vids

Busybee

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

All being well I'm making a bucket list trip to Speed Week at Bonneville this year. My intention is to treat it as a working photography trip.

'7707' is a car (& team) that I will be spending a lot of time with, hoping to watch them break 300mph.

Edited by Chris_911
  • Like 1

On my list too Chris - do keep this thread updated on progress? I know you have seen Paul Maddens  ( Ferryman thread on this at DDK....

On 07/05/2021 at 13:53, Chris_911 said:

All being well I'm making a bucket list trip to Speed Week at Bonneville this year. My intention is to treat it as a working photography trip.

'7707' is a car (& team) that I will be spending a lot of time with, hoping to watch them break 300mph.

That thing is a beast.  I am assuming by the sign language that they are all deaf lol.  Must be so LOUD!!!

4 minutes ago, Sidewaysfun said:

That thing is a beast.  I am assuming by the sign language that they are all deaf lol.  Must be so LOUD!!!

5000hp apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2021 at 20:56, Ian Comerford said:

So, when finally I get to travel again, I'm going to go to that bar as it's only 30 minutes from our factory in Reggio Emilia, and lean on the bart where Arturio leant and see if teh driving fairy dust rubs off. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Great racing, Estre and the RSR is obviously much faster in the twisty bits.

Indeedy, the way his car hooks out of the slow corners and monsters the front-engined stuff makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• 3 weeks later...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r05ATq9UcvY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by MarkJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Never met the chap so that's probably why, but I cant work out if Kidson is a genuine nice bloke who is a complete petrolhead or he is a smarmy snob who loves to make out he is something special. Either way he spends a lot of time with some very special cars and know how to do a good video!

On 27/07/2021 at 17:21, Wingnonut said:

Never met the chap so that's probably why, but I cant work out if Kidson is a genuine nice bloke who is a complete petrolhead or he is a smarmy snob who loves to make out he is something special. Either way he spends a lot of time with some very special cars and know how to do a good video!

I think he’s animated by a genuine passion for cars. Sure he runs with the pastel trouser, suede Clark’s crowd, but if you sell high-end classics you’re bound to end up there.

He’s made some genuinely unobtainable cars accessible to people like me in the herd who will never even get to touch them and for that I’m grateful.

Plus I’ll take a million Kidstons over even one thick-tongued wazzock like Shmee or Seen Through Glass. 

On 27/07/2021 at 14:42, hagarep said:

Long been a fan of the videos, especially the Daytona /Muira "Rivals".

Widow Maker that Mark shared looks cool too. Who doesn't like to watch a 911 sliding around?

Ah that's brilliant - loved it!

It doesn't hurt that the Daytona is (probably) my all-time favourite car...