Impact Bumpers
reddevil

Outer CV boot

Answering Chris’s question and agreeing with Jonny’s experience the new boots are rubbish even though they come from GKN/Lobro/Porsche.  The quality of the rubber has changed and they don’t last as long.  I changed my jo8nts last year but kept the 13 year old, thick flange ones on there as they were in perfect condition.  Gave them a good clean, some silicon and put them back on.  If yours haven’t split Chris and they are thick flange I would not assume they are about to split.  If you need to replace any, just replace the damaged ones as the older version are better quality.  

In terms of grease Chris at FLM recommended I use synthetic grease as it is not affected by heat and stays with the bearings better.  I think I bought Red Line.

27 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Surely there must be some durable boots on the market??

This was discussed some time ago.

These ones look more durable and they're cheap as chips:

2 hours ago, ALEX P said:

This was discussed some time ago.

These ones look more durable and they're cheap as chips:

These HD boots have worked well - no issues after a couple of years and quite a few miles. Just be careful on size as mine are 108mm. 

David 

I used to sell these years ago.

They were the only boots, that you could use the spread finger tool to fit them, that wouldn’t split. 

Very stretchy and tough.

Regards

Russ

Is there a current thought on best replacement  CV boot (100mm) ?  Other than the originals,  Seems my GKN's are all but doomed managing a poultry 5000 miles  , still I guess I should consider myself lucky in that they lasted that long !   

Did people have luck with these ? https://www.prolinx.biz/pages/Products/ViewProduct/MRB-86-9304-BOOT/Filters/f2o7/