Alternatives to Dinitrol RC900

Hi,

Although RC900 is great stuff,the best price fleabay could find is about £35 per can .Any recommendations for similar aerosol based rust stopper.

regards Angus

Have a look on Bilt Hambers website,  the rust prevention products that they do always seem to get good reviews. I'm not at the stage for needing to spray rust inhibitors on the car yet but I'll be using Bilt Hamber when I am. 

2 hours ago, Roy M said:

Not sure if it's for the same purpose but I use fe123 for rust conversion (I've always brushed it on) http://www.rust.co.uk/fe-123-rust-converter/c28125/

See here for a cheaper alternative to FE123 - apparently!

I’ve had good results with the Bilt Hamber Dynax range - easy to use and you get surprisingly large cans for the money.  Comes in Clear as well as brown/beige

• 1 month later...

I've used FE-123 on body panels with mixed results. I'm also hitting the area hard with an MBX rust removing tool to get the bad stuff out. It appears that when it didn't work, the rust was coming from behind. I think it works better on components that don't need a fine finish like suspension stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone,

Recently, I discovered two promising products for treating rust: rust converter and dinitrol . However, I'm facing a dilemma in choosing between these two products to treat rust on my metal objects.

I would greatly appreciate your experiences and advice to make the best choice. If you have used either of these products, could you share your impressions? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each product? What level of effectiveness did you observe?

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated to help me make an informed decision.

Thank you sincerely in advance!

Best regards,

These days I'm using hydrochloric acid with excellent results. You need to use something like cotton wool soaked in it to ensure the application is good overnight. Rust removal is one thing. Rust conversion is another. You need to figure out which one your going to go with depending on the situation.