Introducing Bamboo Beige

fat fuchs

3 hours ago, double0 said:

Duck and Bodge looking very retro together and nice paint.  A sign of your perfection that you are saying the lid fit is only "ok" 👏

I read your post wrong 🤪 love the badge!

Car will look stunning

3 minutes ago, sc1982 said:

yet another great buy andrew, hows the general all round shape of the car?

p.s i love decals, they look right on all 911s,  was never massive on a ducktail, but i can see it a lot clearer on this car.

It's a good solid SC Martin, thanks. All factory seams intact but it did need some sorting on the ignition, fuel and air due to a 20 year lay up. Looking forward to putting some miles on it.

Cheers

A

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the Carrera decals. Went for black ones (thanks Matt) in the end but may still change to gold at some point. Fitted as per the Porsche manual in terms of height from the rubber sill strip and with the tail of the letter 'a' adjacent to the door/wing gap on the drivers side, and the 'C' in the same location on the passenger side...

WP_20181025_16_08_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.34622314925a7b582d280b67e501b051.jpg

WP_20181025_16_08_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.6e17c3d0530d993506ded4209db923cc.jpgWP_20181027_11_18_27_Pro.thumb.jpg.a7cdaf5d403d4767e1e7b7a236f91441.jpg

7 & 8 x 15 fuchs waiting to go on next when I have some new tyres on them...

WP_20181027_11_19_17_Pro.thumb.jpg.1fc308ab2212ec16f2610839b194bc70.jpg

Not sure if I’m in the minority but I really like this. Makes me want a pair of brown corduroy trousers and a check shirt. Maybe grow a beard. Top stuff as usual Andrew. You know what you need, a project 912 in part ex! 

Edited by Busybee

2 hours ago, Busybee said:

Not sure if I’m in the minority but I really like this. Makes me want a pair of brown corduroy trousers and a check shirt. Maybe grow a beard. Top stuff as usual Andrew. You know what you need, a project 912 in part ex! 

Cheers Haith. Much to my surprise, the colour is proving really popular with those that have seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak. 

12 minutes ago, fat fuchs said:

Cheers Haith. Much to my surprise, the colour is proving really popular with those that have seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak. 

👍 it does seem to look different under different lighting conditions Andrew. I love it. Totally late 70’s early 80’s. Guessing it’s quite a rare colour? 

3 hours ago, Busybee said:

👍 it does seem to look different under different lighting conditions Andrew. I love it. Totally late 70’s early 80’s. Guessing it’s quite a rare colour? 

One year only colour (due to lack of interest I guess). You're right, it changes colour significantly under different daylight conditions - from beige through to yellow.

Looks awesome with the Carrera script, although i would have left the flat lid on it. The 15’s will look perfect. Nicely done. Interesting color too, reminds me a lot of Condor Yellow. Knew a guy with a CGT in that color, 1 of 1 I believe.

You just cannot put beige and gold together, it's not right.

I think all low volume special order colour cars that are a bit different are cool in their own way (even if they are hearing aid beige :P).

Black script, BLACK Fuchs and duck work well for me.

Cool car 😎

1 minute ago, ALEX P said:

You just cannot put beige and gold together, it's not right.

I think all low volume special order colour cars that are a bit different are cool in their own way (even if they are hearing aid beige :P).

Black script, BLACK Fuchs and duck work well for me.

Cool car 😎

That’s why he’s gone black on the script Alex. Avoiding the “touch of earwax” 😂

I really like it. 😎