Fuchs. Visual on 16’s 6 & 7’s or wider

Busybee

Looking at a set of 16” Fuchs for my 3,2. Have seen a nice set of 16” 6/7’s. My only concern is are these wide enough? Anyone have any photos of 6/7 and 7/8’s. Maybe even 6/8’s or 9’s up back. Basically, how do all options look? 😂

Also, I’m guessing 6/7’s ride perfectly we’ll and will take standard 205/55 and 225/50’s? 

Cheers. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was when I had 6 and 7’s on mine. I had spacers on the front and rear just to bring the wheels out. (7mm front 26mm rear)

It looked fine, it just didn’t have the “dished” look of 7 and 9’s which I have on now.(replicas)

And it handled and steered lovely.

Regards

Russ

F7CAB71F-7A34-4D72-953F-B49C01CEC54E.jpeg

Edited by Rustybum

Thanks @Dr Rock. Like keeping you busy and you are the search maestro 👍

thanks @Rustybum and @Lesworth. Stunning visuals there. The set I’ve found look stunning. Polished petals and rims. Polished centre caps. Ohh yeah. 

Most of the visuals on Frasers link above are 8 and 9 rears and they do look great for fillability of arches. 7’s! Damn you wheels! Why couldn’t you be 7’s and 8’s. Quandary time. Do I go for what looks like the perfect set of 6/7 polished petal Fuchs or hang on for a wider set. 🤪🤔

Sorry @Lesworth, is that 7 rears with a spacer? 

I had the same quandary and decided to spend the equivalent replica Fuchs cash on a full set up at CG instead on the basis that I cant see the wider wheels when I'm driving but I sure as hell can feel the difference on the set up. I refuse to pay the nuts prices for Genuine wider Fuchs.

3 minutes ago, Nige said:

Buy some 7 & 9 reps and save your money.

What do you currently have fitted?

Ahh throw a cat amongst the pigeons why don’t you Nige. I currently have original spec 15” teledials that I’m going to get refurbed and keep. 

25D7FB69-DDCC-4DB9-85A9-FBE4CAC9BA4A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I had the same quandary and decided to spend the equivalent replica Fuchs cash on a full set up at CG instead on the basis that I cant see the wider wheels when I'm driving but I sure as hell can feel the difference on the set up. I refuse to pay the nuts prices for Genuine wider Fuchs.

Lol fair point there Les. If I spent the cash on the real deal Fuchs, might have to hang out the window going along so I can see them or fit “caravan mirrors” 😱

These are 6s and 8s. Sorry the close up of the eights are a tad dusty after 25km of Spanish dirt track but it gives the view you need. 7s always look a bit narrow in comparison so I think 8s are perfect on a non wide body. No spacers anywhere by the way. 

69FFABA5-D8E3-4C86-8C43-E0153C07B1C6.jpeg

F3A7F5A4-197C-49FC-8DE6-A23213EDF451.jpeg

3 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

These are 6s and 8s. Sorry the close up of the eights are a tad dusty after 25km of Spanish dirt track but it gives the view you need. 7s always look a bit narrow in comparison so I think 8s are perfect on a non wide body. No spacers anywhere by the way. 

69FFABA5-D8E3-4C86-8C43-E0153C07B1C6.jpeg

F3A7F5A4-197C-49FC-8DE6-A23213EDF451.jpeg

Thanks @Wingnonut. Really useful. 8's look just right but I'm so tempted by the 6/7 set. Look, just look! lol 

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Just now, Busybee said:

Like rocking horse p@@p. Very nice. I do like the 9's on the back. Any mods needed to the arch? Rolled edges etc? 

Been on the car a very long time :) No mods needed. Fitted with 205 & 225 tyres :) 

i have 7/8 and they look fantastic, plus zero fitment issues just bolt them on and go.

only reason i didn't go 9 in the back was due to tire stretch. 225 width is "correct" for 8's, for 9's it's a bit stretched. i know guys run this setup anyway, but 8's fill the arches pretty well and look more period correct to me in that they aren't that wide, if that makes sense.

Thanks bud, I got Euromeisters from Ecklers just to try as my original plan was to backdate and go to 15's. I'm still on the fence so will get gen rears if I stick to the IB look. The Euromeister's looked best to me from all the reps I've seen though.

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Like rocking horse p@@p.

Still available from Porsche, circa £900 + vat each last time I checked?

7s should be easier to locate

Didnt we just have a Fuchs thread 

Thanks @Lesworth. I’ve had a look at @Type911 Matt’s reps. Not sure what the difference is between those and the D911 ones. 

@SP72 never have enough Fuchs threads can we? 

My 6/7 7 rear on my sc. Not changing these but Could do with a bit more arch fill? 

Went for a blast in the sc. bit of photoshop fun 

5D5EA471-2360-4242-9FCF-1D5D98FF55BD.jpeg

F5F4187C-77A0-4099-864D-DF887B26B525.jpeg