Fuchs. Visual on 16’s 6 & 7’s or wider

Busybee

D911 and Matt’s are the same ... or they were when I got my set ..I have them on mine in 7 and 9 flavours from Matt and a set of genuine 7&8’s in the garage  

the 7’s look a little different on the petals but the 8’s and 9’s look great ...

8CEA9F7D-0A75-4243-920D-4D42FBA13DA6.jpeg

27EF57DA-20EE-49EE-AF3B-4141D787B799.jpeg

Edited by longman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, longman said:

D911 and Matt’s are the same ... or they were when I got my set ..I have them on mine in 7 and 9 flavours from Matt and a set of genuine 7&8’s in the garage 

Think I remember the photo of your car in the pits? No centre caps. Suits your car really well. Found them good? D911 seem to offer a gloss and matt version with the gloss being over £100 cheaper. Plus 6 or 7% off at the moment 

originals ...... not selling those are you? 😜

Edited by Busybee

No issues although they are heavy compared to gen Fuchs... old garage door knocked one over and scuffed it ... at least it’s cheap to get fixed as non anodised  .. or even to replace it with another 

I like the look without centercaps .. I do have them though ... somewhere.. 

always ask Matt what he can do , he helps lots on this forum :) and no .. the 7&8’s are not for sale....

14 minutes ago, longman said:

No issues although they are heavy compared to gen Fuchs... old garage door knocked one over and scuffed it ... at least it’s cheap to get fixed as non anodised  .. or even to replace it with another 

I like the look without centercaps .. I do have them though ... somewhere.. 

always ask Matt what he can do , he helps lots on this forum :) and no .. the 7&8’s are not for sale....

Many thanks. Thought the gen Fuchs might be a keeper. If not anodised, are they lacquered? Heavier - boooh. Significantly? 

4 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Many thanks. Thought the gen Fuchs might be a keeper. If not anodised, are they lacquered? Heavier - boooh. Significantly? 

Who knows! Haven’t had them refinished yet ..heavier than Fuchs but not as heavy as minilites ..

The longfella is correct, the wheels we list are indeed the same as D911's, email me if there is something on their site we dont list that you fancy!

1 minute ago, Busybee said:

Chaps, if I go for 6’s up front and 7’s at the back, what size spacers can be used to push the wheels out a bit to fill the arches and where/who make good spacers? 

7mm front 26mm rear Haith.

Got mine from Jasmine Porsche.

Edited by Rustybum

26mm is a hell of a big spacer for the rear, i’d just get a set of rep 8’s as you can stick to the same tire size without resorting to a big spacer. They’re really inexpensive if you want to try the look. I’d imagine the skinny 7’s would look odd to anyone following pushed out so far.

1 hour ago, 786 said:

26mm is a hell of a big spacer for the rear, i’d just get a set of rep 8’s as you can stick to the same tire size without resorting to a big spacer. They’re really inexpensive if you want to try the look. I’d imagine the skinny 7’s would look odd to anyone following pushed out so far.

The wheels Busybee is looking at are a bit nice. But they’re 7” rears.

With the 225 tyres on they don’t look too bad! You just don’t get the extra dish as you do with the 8’s.

The spacers are the hub centric type so are, as far as I know but am happy to be corrected, perfectly safe to use.😁

1 hour ago, 786 said:

Think you’re probably right there. It’s a balancing act. Looks over performance. 

I’m seduced by the original Fuchs over reps. The nice polished 6/7’s I’ve found are at a “reasonable” price. Found original Fuchs in a 7/8 but they are silly money in all honesty. When compared to reps and the 6/7.

Been looking at the weights of reps and they are quite a bit heavier by the looks of it. Just where you need it least. 

I have 6/7 Fuchs on my sc and I’ve always liked them, until I started looking at those super sexy 8/9 deep wheels. But then you’re adding weight again for a sexier look and in the worst place. 

Who knew choosing wheels would be so much work?! 😂

30 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

The wheels Busybee is looking at are a bit nice. But they’re 7” rears.

With the 225 tyres on they don’t look too bad! You just don’t get the extra dish as you do with the 8’s.

The spacers are the hub centric type so are, as far as I know but am happy to be corrected, perfectly safe to use.

Russ, the spacers. Guessing they’re pretty heavy?  The rears in any case? They look like a solid chunk of ally (or worse, steel). 

15 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Think you’re probably right there. It’s a balancing act. Looks over performance. 

I’m seduced by the original Fuchs over reps. The nice polished 6/7’s I’ve found are at a “reasonable” price. Found original Fuchs in a 7/8 but they are silly money in all honesty. When compared to reps and the 6/7.

Been looking at the weights of reps and they are quite a bit heavier by the looks of it. Just where you need it least. 

I have 6/7 Fuchs on my sc and I’ve always liked them, until I started looking at those super sexy 8/9 deep wheels. But then you’re adding weight again for a sexier look and in the worst place. 

Who knew choosing wheels would be so much work?! 😂

Russ, the spacers. Guessing they’re pretty heavy?  The rears in any case? They look like a solid chunk of ally (or worse, steel). 

This is the link but there’s not much info as to material or weights. I think they’re steel but I can’t remember! And unfortunately I can’t get at them until I’m back in the UK. Sorry!!😩

I wasn’t concerned about weight when I bought them just about the looks.

How much more do rep wheels weigh?🤔😁

https://www.jasmine-porschalink.co.uk/pair-porsche-wheel-spacers-studs-nuts-all-models-7-15-18-21-26-31-43-50-65mm-new-52515-p.asp

9 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

This is the link but there’s not much info as to material or weights. I think they’re steel but I can’t remember! And unfortunately I can’t get at them until I’m back in the UK. Sorry!!😩

I wasn’t concerned about weight when I bought them just about the looks.

How much more do rep wheels weigh?🤔😁

https://www.jasmine-porschalink.co.uk/pair-porsche-wheel-spacers-studs-nuts-all-models-7-15-18-21-26-31-43-50-65mm-new-52515-p.asp

Thanks Russ. Rep weights from d911 site. 

Weights:
Front Wheel 7J - 8.2KG
Recommend Tyres size: 205/55/16 
Rear Wheel 8J - 8.4KG 
Recommend Tyres size: 225/50/16

Weights:
Front Wheel 7J - 8.2KG
Rear Wheel 9J - 8.9KG 
Recommend Tyres size: 245/45/16

From pelican for real deal Fuchs 

Fuchs 16 " :

6 * 36 * 911.361.020.43 = 7.7 kgs
6 * 36 * 911.362.113.00 = 7.7 kgs
7 * 23 * 951.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.361.020.44 = 6.4 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.362.117.00 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.361.020.45 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 23 * 951.362.117.00 = 7.0 kgs
9 * 15 * 911.361.012.05 = 7.5 kgs

No idea how accurate that is 

8 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Thanks Russ. Rep weights from d911 site. 

Weights:
Front Wheel 7J - 8.2KG
Rear Wheel 8J - 8.4KG 
Recommend Tyres size: 225/50/16

Weights:
Front Wheel 7J - 8.2KG
Rear Wheel 9J - 8.9KG 
Recommend Tyres size: 245/45/16

From pelican for real deal Fuchs 

Fuchs 16 " :

6 * 36 * 911.361.020.43 = 7.7 kgs
6 * 36 * 911.362.113.00 = 7.7 kgs
7 * 23 * 951.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.361.020.44 = 6.4 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.362.117.00 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.361.020.45 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 23 * 951.362.117.00 = 7.0 kgs
9 * 15 * 911.361.012.05 = 7.5 kgs

No idea how accurate that is 

Interesting how the 8” 951 and the 9” rear Fuchs suddenly become so light!!

The main weight saving appears to be on the fronts (7”)

Hardly anything on the 911 8’s

8 minutes ago, Rustybum said:

Interesting how the 8” 951 and the 9” rear Fuchs suddenly become so light!!

The main weight saving appears to be on the fronts (7”)

Hardly anything on the 911 8’s

Yup, must be thinner gauge. 

As you say, the 7’s are the major difference. 

Just now, Rustybum said:

I don’t understand why the 6’s are so much heavier though!😩😩

My head hurts!!

Lol me too. Sorry buddy. This isn’t really on for a Sunday morning. Coffee and a pain au raisin I think. If I was in Switzerland, what would I be munching on on a Sunday morning? 

3 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Lol me too. Sorry buddy. This isn’t really on for a Sunday morning. Coffee and a pain au raisin I think. If I was in Switzerland, what would I be munching on on a Sunday morning? 

Probably bircher muesli!! Lol🤮

Edited by Rustybum

1 hour ago, Rustybum said:

Probably bircher muesli!! Lol🤮

Far healthier than what we just had. Tudors cafe full english. Decided against a pastry and wanted to see if they’d salted the roads for a drive out this afternoon. They had 😪

26mm spacers are too big IMHO and the wheels stick out too far and cover the arches in crap. 18mm is spot on but you can only do that with longer studs and shims as there is no clearance on 7" Fuch to allow fitting of bolt on adapters type spacers under about 23mm

We list a fair few sizes on our site and seem to be alot cheaper than Jasmine!

5 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Far healthier than what we just had. Tudors cafe full english. Decided against a pastry and wanted to see if they’d salted the roads for a drive out this afternoon. They had 😪

Sorry!! I should’ve said, that’s not what I’ve had. I too had a full English!! I had to smuggle the bacon and sausages in!!😂🤣👍

4 minutes ago, Type911 said:

26mm spacers are too big IMHO and the wheels stick out too far and cover the arches in crap. 18mm is spot on but you can only do that with longer studs and shims as there is no clearance on 7" Fuch to allow fitting of bolt on adapters type spacers under about 23mm

We list a fair few sizes on our site and seem to be alot cheaper than Jasmine!

They didn’t stick out too far on mine Matt.

AFF57B2F-5453-4D5F-A96B-346C43812114.jpeg