Nice run down to the Cotswolds!

Gio

Mrs G and I took Penny (I know!) on her first proper adventure this week. Given the mild weather, we headed down to the Coltswold for some relaxation. Good opportunity to stretch her legs (the car) and get her properly warmed through before storage.. I have to say her manners were impeccable and took the journey in her stride. Given we have the non-sport version, it is a very comfortable place to be on a 2+ hour journey.  I do wonder whether the Sport version rides a little harder, as there is plenty of tire wall comfort on those Pirelli's?

I was also thoroughly surprised on the fuel front, she appears to be quite economical, given the motorway and awesome scenic A-roads. I suspect because these cars are so light... Also amazed by the storage of these little cars, you have the front boot, which fits a couple of overnight bags and the foot wells behind the seats and rear seats down, so much space! I can see why the classic 911 is perfect for those European road trips..

The most interesting experience was travelling at night. You sort of take modern Xenon lights for granted, as you hurtle down some of A-roads in pitch darkness. Are there any upgrades for the lights by any chance? Overall we had a great time and really bonded with the car. Sounds a bit nerdy, but while travelling at speed on the motorway, I just love the different noise pitches the engine makes, amazing how she picks 3-4000 rev range in 5th gear.. 

We are so glad we bought this car, looking forward to more great experiences..

PS: First picture was of a military plane in the distance dropping out some brave parachute personnel...

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

Sounds like a fab trip. They do ride a little softer on those tall tyres right. I have a sport targa on 16" fuchs and that's a different ride all together. 

As your car and mine are so similar, the shot of the engine bay has me wondering if I should get the holes from a spoiler addition sorted. I was going to leave them as original battle scars with little plastic screws in there but the clean look is pretty good. Mines a non sport but a previous owner added a whale tail and chin spoiler in the 80's. Have the tail but would like to keep her as original as I can. 🧐

37183189_10216684584254788_8686372469109424128_n.jpg

WP_20180602_08_37_09_Pro.thumb.jpg.1607168f9d238c7bb5d71de0ab25717f.jpg

What a fab sounding road trip, nice work. I recognise that "are you really taking a photo now" pose :)

@Busybee why not grab a small sample of gold vinyl to cover over those holes temporarily while you decide what to do, something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATT-Vehicle-Wrap-Vinyl-Film-Sticker-Air-bubble-Free-Small-Size-Self-adhesive/200764706640?hash=item2ebe824f50:g:PakAAOSw8d9UytfY:rk:2:pf:0&var=500062939102