Whale tail specific wording

Oli

My '76 came without the Whale tail.  Does anyone have the exact wording where the factory would state that this particular vehicle didn't come with a "Whale Tail"?

Where in the documentation is it located, stating that this car was ordered without a Whale Tail?

Cheers

Edited by Oli

1 hour ago, highitalian said:

You need a Certificate of Authenticity from the factory, which is a ‘build sheet’ of sorts.  You can order them from Porsche corporate.  But even then, it will likely list only the options your car was born with...NOT what was deleted.

I have the COA and it doesn't list options.

The COA lists gives the vin#, the model year/type, production completion date, manufacturer's suggested retail price, optional equipment - (5 speed transmission Dnlop tires), engine number/type, transmission number/type, exterior paint color/code, interior material color/ type

Oli,

None of the 113 1976 Carrera 2.7s has the spoilers listed as an option in the records held by Porsche.

However it is known from  original dealer invoices that some were ordered with them and probably fitted by the dealer.

You would therefore need the original dealer invoice or be able to contact the original owner to confirm.

I meant if it doesn't have the front or rear spoilers it could have option code M470 listed somewhere.  My car has that code and didn't have any spoliers, although it's a later car so maybe the later codes are different?

6 hours ago, Guy said:

Oli,

None of the 113 1976 Carrera 2.7s has the spoilers listed as an option in the records held by Porsche.

However it is known from  original dealer invoices that some were ordered with them and probably fitted by the dealer.

You would therefore need the original dealer invoice or be able to contact the original owner to confirm.

That's one of the things I am trying to find out about my car. My search would be much easier for sure if I had the dea,er invoice. All I know is that the original buyers live or lived in Bavaria.  This is from 1976 and the original owners didn't respond to a German lawyer inquiry either. I wrote to these dealerships:

REGENSBURG
OLMPIAPARK
INGOLSTADT
SKRAMOVSKY
NIEDERBAYERN
FAHRZEUGE
PORSCHE ALTOTTING
ZENTRUM MUNCHEN
ZENTRUM LANDSHUT
AUGSBURG
CENTRE INNTAL
ZENTRUM MUNCHEN SUD
5 LAKES
GARMISCH
I wrote to them a week ago and I have not heard back from anyone, not one. I even wrote to the museum and Porsche Stuttgart AG, still not a word.

6 hours ago, Nige said:

Code M470 is without front and rear spoiler.

I am guessing that code would be only listed on the dealer invoice which I don't have.

11 hours ago, Guy said:

Oli,

Edited by Oli

A Carrera 3.0 owner recently corresponded with a German dealership who replaced the engine under warranty in the 70's but they responded that nothing was on computer then and the paper records had been disposed of. I suspect it would be the same with other dealers unfortunately.

45 minutes ago, Guy said:

A Carrera 3.0 owner recently corresponded with a German dealership who replaced the engine under warranty in the 70's but they responded that nothing was on computer then and the paper records had been disposed of. I suspect it would be the same with other dealers unfortunately.

Lucky, they know who the dealership was/is, since I am interested in who was the dealership and what were the service records, I would be perfectly thrilled to have the dealership invoice over the service reports. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oli, I feel for you. I contacted the dealer who sold my car to a Dr. in Germany. Dealer told me, kindly, the same, that at that time in as the dealership, all records were "PAPER" and they just didn't see the reason to take up the 'file space'. SO, I got nothing too<<< I even tried my contact into Porsche Archives, told they were "to under-staffed & busy" to do that research.               My #1 original  owner has died as well. Well, we can dream (&) we own the cars !!!! If you figure a way, let us know.