Oulton RS day 2019

jevvy

think they should re-name the day as no RS's turn up anymore :rolleyes:  Have jumped straight on this the last few years but after last years no show from the IB posse, I think i'll sit it out a bit longer. I may take the CR up this time as it was such a hoot at Brands GP.

Got the email but not booked as yet , didn’t do last year due to being skint ... the local premier inn is loads cheaper than the Swan  but needs to be booked en mass or the price goes up on the website ... I think it was the Sandiway ☝️ 

Edited by longman

On 11/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, MarkJ said:

think they should re-name the day as no RS's turn up anymore :rolleyes:  Have jumped straight on this the last few years but after last years no show from the IB posse, I think i'll sit it out a bit longer. I may take the CR up this time as it was such a hoot at Brands GP.

Babs is going to log in shortly and tear you a new one - IB posse no-show how very dare you :)

20 hours ago, oliverjamesthomas said:

I’m there again and a good mate is bringing a pretty epic 928 race car with phenomenal provenance.  I think a few people will wet themselves when they see it 👍

Excellent - good work OJ

20 hours ago, longman said:

Got the email but not booked as yet , didn’t do last year due to being skint ... the local premier inn is loads cheaper than the Swan  but needs to be booked en mass or the price goes up on the website ... I think it was the Sandiway ☝️ 

Happy to stay anywhere tbh, Swan isnt what it used to be so maybe time for a new place? Air B&B? Wherever we stay get it booked - you can always offload the place if you change your mind.

11 hours ago, Mondrian said:

Tempted.

DO IT!

8 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Air B&B? Wherever we stay get it booked - you can always offload the place if you change your mind.

DO IT!

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/24439182?location=Oulton Park Circuit%2C Little Budworth%2C United Kingdom&adults=6&children=0&infants=0&check_in=2019-03-07&check_out=2019-03-09&s=sJkUNGpe     get 6 people to book and get something like this place ...

As my friend Jevvy says "DO IT!" I went this year (not in an IB sadly but on my way back from work somewhere or another) and had a GREAT day, few photos, few chats, few PAX laps and a good vibe all around.

Great track, DO IT!

Edited by Chris T

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 10:31 AM, longman said:

Not booked it Jev :(

We've ended up getting a room here: https://crownhoteltarporley.co.uk/

Did you get sorted yet?

On 12/24/2018 at 4:19 PM, oliverjamesthomas said:

Try the Swan at Little Budworth or the Alvanley Arms just outside Tarporley, Jevvy.  Long shot perhaps, but you might get fixed up 👍

Thanks mae - see u up there.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:00 PM, BenC said:

Bugger - missed this completely otherwise I would have booked a place.

Gutted not to be there this year :(

Can you not come up anyway for some banter and laps to make up for turning back last year. The track is very quiet by the afternoon so you might be able to blag a part day especially if you reveal your sad story of missing last year?

1 hour ago, RoscoP said:

Jevvy my man!

Should be there...may even be in my 911 this time!

Cheers

Ros

Rosco how the devil are you? Look forward to seeing you nxt month. Spotted you in one of the vids Gary posted in the old guard thread - think this was the first time I met you (17 secs):

12 minutes ago, jevvy said:

We've ended up getting a room here: https://crownhoteltarporley.co.uk/

Did you get sorted yet?

Thanks mae - see u up there.

Can you not come up anyway for some banter and laps to make up for turning back last year. The track is very quiet by the afternoon so you might be able to blag a part day especially if you reveal your sad story of missing last year?

Rosco how the devil are you? Look forward to seeing you nxt month. Spotted you in one of the vids Gary posted in the old guard thread - think this was the first time I met you (17 secs):

Jevvy is there normally a photographer at these events?

Just now, Chris_911 said:

Thanks Jevvy - had assumed so. Maybe I'll contact the organisers and ask.

Go for it. Its a bit of a charity themed event though so just be aware they may be looking for that from the photographer too.

Blimey Jev, that Le Mans trip was 10years ago...….I was taller then!!

I'm doing ok, only have to go to the hristie once a year now so more time to enjoy life!

Looking forward to seeing you (well Babs actually!) and meeting up with a few other strugs.

Fingers crossed for good weather folks.

Ross