Oulton RS day 2019

jevvy

On 2/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, jevvy said:

Can you not come up anyway for some banter and laps to make up for turning back last year. The track is very quiet by the afternoon so you might be able to blag a part day especially if you reveal your sad story of missing last year?

Thanks Jev,

Things are pretty tight at the mo so don't think I can make that day anyway. 

Might finally be getting the IB back home shortly though so really looking forward to that :)

Jealous of you all, I had a great day last year. In the USA this year, where I'll be skiing in Mammoth on the day. They have a record 40 feet of snow so far this year, so don't feel too sorry for me.... Chris.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:41 PM, RoscoP said:

Blimey Jev, that Le Mans trip was 10years ago...….I was taller then!!

I'm doing ok, only have to go to the hristie once a year now so more time to enjoy life!

Looking forward to seeing you (well Babs actually!) and meeting up with a few other strugs.

Fingers crossed for good weather folks.

Ross

Yup 10 years ago, dont think I could even grow a beard back then :)

Will see you up there on Friday - you know what Babs car looks like so come and find us.

Couple of places being offered on PH if anyone fancies a late booking?

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=1775570&i=80

So where are the pics then chaps??

I've seen lots of 964's on the other channel but not many IB's.......

Also - What wheels are you running on the silver car Jev? 

14 hours ago, ALEX P said:

So where are the pics then chaps??

I've seen lots of 964's on the other channel but not many IB's.......

Also - What wheels are you running on the silver car Jev? 

Which other channel?

Just a set of cup 1 reps but with very old R888 on the rear and new R888 on the front - worked ok in the dry but an absolute handful in the wet.

Aside from the grip imbalance it was still a cracking day - track was very very quiet with everyone too scaredy cat to go out and get their car wet. The last couple of hours there was only a handful of cars lapping, last hour had the track pretty much to ourself so I started messing about a bit - great fun.

Couple of pics and vids:

47283225192_c4e104b169_h.jpg

47283225142_e94c1bc2d8_h.jpg

Some gentle laps with Darren in his lovely orange 911T & Melv in his 964 cup car:

Couple of laps from the end of the day being a divvy through Knickerbrook:

Missed having some of the IB massive there - can we try to get organised for next year please? Rumour is it will be a 2 day event for the 20th RS day and they are hoping to open the low grip rally stage too!

I was there to spectate, but without my car. I thought it looked quieter that previous years. Saw some great cars and met up with a few people i'd not seen since last year. I left at lunch time as soon as the rain came and went for a leisurely pub lunch.