Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

zoot

Early Style Sports Recaro's

Please see the link to my ebay advert for my seats. I wasn't planning on selling these and having them recovered but my plans have changed hence the sale. Any questions just give me a buzz. Please note these the ones with the plastic sides lower hinges opposed to the early steel types. For the record these are much lighter than the early ones. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Porsche-911-930-Turbo-Recaro-Lightweight-Sport-Seats-Pair/153240515888 

Thanks
Fin

Sorry for the semi hijack, are old IB seats really worth this much?

Only ask due to the backdate probably getting earlier interior so will have a full set available in the future (black & white Pasha)

Don't think those are recaro turbo's? Just early IB seats. I have the early turbo's in my SC and they have a little handle on the side to adjust the back incline and not a wheel to turn. That came later didn't it? 

By the way, the early turbo's are so comfortable. Worth big bucks now apparently 

Hi guys thanks for the comments. As for the seats they are as specified "Early Sports type" recaro's-1980 to 1983 if I am being specific.

Busybee your ones were produced 1974 to 1980. If you check out Southbound website you will find them. 

The common 911 seats are the "comfort type". 

Thanks again for comments.

Best Regards

Fin

I must admit to also being a little surprised at the asking price - good for you if you sell them at that.

Think it's the "turbo" part of your listing title that had me confused Fin. Sports yes. Turbo no.   

1 hour ago, mean in green said:

I must admit to also being a little surprised at the asking price - good for you if you sell them at that.

Yep they seem to have moved massively in price over the last couple of years-a bit like all IB stuff. A pair sold last week on eBay for £1300 and someone is currently looking for £550 for a single seat at the moment. To be honest if I don’t get what I want I wil tuck them away for a rainy day😉

Fin

2 hours ago, Busybee said:

Think it's the "turbo" part of your listing title that had me confused Fin. Sports yes. Turbo no.   

Mmm Busybee-Turbo seats where fitted with "Sports" seats. Pre 1980 they had the metal type "L" hinge and at some point over during the 1980 they changed over to the "plastic" type hinge until 1984 and after that they changed again. The bottom line is turbo seats are Sports seats. BTW don't take my word for this the internet is full of pics demonstrating this and Southbound will confirm my ramblings🙃

All the best 

Fin

All good Fin. The side bolsters give it away on a pair of turbo's. Not the best photo but here are mine. There are a cloth centred pair on Fleabay at the mo for 2.5K  

14991009_185378058587113_5614884819842874007_o.jpg

As you have stated already they are great seats and mega comfy not to mention how cool they look....especially in the black leather-Enjoy😀

The other thing they do is lower you so if you are struggling for headroom its a great help.

Regards

Fin

Hey fin, I notice the seats you sold are different to other early seats I have seen which have a metal bracket on the side.

You also mention lightweight- were there light and heavy versions of these as I always understood they are very heavy.

thanks 

Hi Rocketcar

Sorry I have just seen your question hence the late reply.

The Sport seats I have are the type that were produced between 81-84 and the type with the metal bracket were the earlier ones produced between 1974-80. 

In regards to weight in my opinion, I never bothered weighing them, there is a fair difference between the two with the later ones being considerably lighter.

Regards

Fin

A pair of 924 / early 944 sport seats Think they are different from 911 ones) with faded to purple Porsche script cloth centres and in generally tatty condition just sold on ebay for £1346. :smash:

Bugga

It actually makes getting your existing ones reupholstered a more sensible option as you end up with as new seats for not much more.

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

Bugga

They weren’t Pasha hence the premium 😂

51 minutes ago, Phill said:

It actually makes getting your existing ones reupholstered a more sensible option as you end up with as new seats for not much more.

I agree completely-I’ve tucked mine away and will probably get them refurbished at some stage😎