Multi car Insurance

Roy M

Considering this for our dailies but looking for catches! In theory all fine but am I likely to lose one NCB if we go back to individual policies? Also, if we have a claim is that one or two NCB's affected? Anyone had good or bad experiences with it?

Thanks

Roy

We have used quote me happy for several years now for a multi car policy for insuring a Audi A6 LeMans and Abarth 500., We have had a couple of claims, one non-fault and one fifty-fifty (neither me I might add :)) and we had protected NCD so didn't lose NCD. They paid out without quibble, the only problem each time was that I refused to use the recomended repairers as I've had bad experiences in the past on a nearly new car - all that meant is you have to pay a higher excess and don't get a courtesy car. To me not an issue as I'd always prefer to get a better repair job than free stuff, and I can always use another car. Price did increase a bit the next year but it seems to regardless of claims or not. I don't think you'll loose NCD if you go to individual policys as you have a separate document for each person insured (at least you do with quote me happy) and we haven't decided to leave them yet.

ClassicLine Multicar here, although I think it's just operates as 3 separate policies with an extra discount so NCB unaffected.  This also includes agreed value.

Audi, Mini and 911  about £750 p/a for the lot.

I have Admiral Multi Car. 911 on Agreed Value and a daily driver. However they are in effect 2 policies each acruing NCB. It has been economic so far but it is up for renewal in December and I suspect, like all insurance, the renewal will be less appealing. 

I'm also with Admiral multicar after my 17 year old passed her driving test - quite stunned by the savings; agreed it yesterday.

Prior to Admiral my insurance from separate companies was:

BMW M2: £950

Gold Gti: £800

911: £280

Daughters VW UP!: quoted £1,400 😳

Total: £3,430

Admiral multicar total: £1,716 ...

Still a whole chunk of money, but a staggering saving on what I thought I was going to have to pay out.

The Aviva system is a sort of multicar but more like multiple policies that run concurrently under one roof. I have my CRV, wife's Polo and my other Polo on there with a combined 25 years of NCB spread across three cars, so only the car hit by a claim will lose bonus if appropriate. The prices with discount for multiple cars seem unbeatable.

Saga - yes I am in that zone now - quoted £99 to insure the Polo fully comp for 5k miles and Aviva beat it on their multicar. Try them.

In the end I went with Privilege again - best multicar quote I had was only about £20 more than LV multicar which was my cheapest quote. Will look again with more time at renewal next time. What I didn't like was getting a reduction just for ringing them - as a continuing customer I should get the best rate automatically! Probably naive really.

Probably worth noting - these people https://www.driverguardian.co.uk/products/motorlegalprotection?gclid=CjwKCAiAiarfBRASEiwAw1tYv59K2tJxuNWMOaPicWKWG-FlOz6UAl6nAThS-QD4EnE06NgGNAQo1xoCY0UQAvD_BwE and probably others do a legal protection insurance for £15 a year. I'm probably paying about £100 on various policies so a no brainer really (should emphasise not used them yet).