Adding a brake servo

elrao

I've got the remains of an 86 3.2 in a VW camper, including an adapted braking system. 

At the moment it's running a non assisted master cylinder, which I believe was the standard UK spec. It hard work. 

I've been recommended a remote servo, however Google would seem to suggest that the US cars came with a servo assisted master cylinder? 

Aside from physical placement (remember it's on a vw, so already custom mounted), are these an easy upgrade once you've run a vacuum hose from the engine? 

Sorry, but your post is a bit confusing.

All SCs and 3.2s had servo assisted brakes, so '78 to '89.

But the servo is mounted on the end of the master cylinder in the front luggage compartment behind the dash (so physically above the knees of the driver the other side of a panel), it's operated by a linkage from the pedal.

AFAIK there is no space/place to mount it in a camper.

Earlier 911s had a non assisted master cylinder mounted directly in front of the pedal.

Mark

Was only relaying what I had read about the mid 80s 3.2, when I've searched for parts I get the cylinder but not the servo part. 

Was just considering a second hand servo assisted cylinder at around £220, compared to spending £400 on a remote servo and £100 on the cylinder. 

I've seen how the linkage works on the 912, with the bracket on the end providing a pivot for the linkage coming from the pedal. 

I'd be looking at mounting it under the driver seat, without the bracket/pivot, but can't find a photo of one without that part on, or anything showing diameter of the servo, to see of it will fit.