Door Locks

JSM1965

Hi looking for some advice and guidance. Car is just back from having some work done & the drivers door will not lock. I've changed the position of the lock mechanism in the door, that allows the button to go up and down but when I then try to close the door the lock just hits the latch in the B pillar. I've tried the  three positions that the lock mechanism will move in to but the only position that will allow the door lock to engage the latch and close the door is the position that will not allow me to lock the door either with the key or from the inside

Thanks & Regards

John

This may be similar to what has happened with mine since my rebuild last year.  I haven’t had the time to take it all apart, so there is no fix here. But what works with mine is manually pushing down the latch in the door end, the part that closes over the latch in the body.  If you push down far enough this should lock down.  Once it has done this you can then release it by using the extrernal door handle trigger and then close the door.  This works on mine and the door only fails to close/lock shut about once in every five.

Hope this helps

Ian

As I said, a workaround, but at least you can drive it.  I’ve put up with this for a year but sometime over winter had better get it fixed.  It feels like something is not moving freely and releasing fully.

Although mine locks from inside and outside, so you have a subtly different problem