New RSR Muffler

My car has been at Turbo Thomas for a couple of months as a development mule.  Excited to be picking it up this weekend with his new RSR muffler, this uses the standard 3.2 headers but fits behind the early rear bumper.  Well pleased and sounds so much better than the temporary but very loud muffler I had before.  The cross section is radiused rectangle rather than round, internals are top secret ;)

new pipes.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nige said:

My car has been at Turbo Thomas for a couple of months as a development mule.  Excited to be picking it up this weekend with his new RSR muffler, this uses the standard 3.2 headers but fits behind the early rear bumper.  Well pleased and sounds so much better than the temporary but very loud muffler I had before.  The cross section is radiused rectangle rather than round, internals are top secret ;)

new pipes.jpg

Looks and sounds fab Nige!!

Is it a one in two out system? Any pre muffler?

Regards

Russ

Edited by Rustybum

17 hours ago, Rustybum said:

Looks and sounds fab Nige!!

Is it a one in two out system? Any pre muffler?

Regards

Russ

Hey Russ.

It's a one in two out that fits to the stock pre-muffler, although mine is straight through.  Fits to both IB and early/backdate with standard headers/heat exchangers.  His Instagram shows all the different tailpipe configs, standard, Gt3, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/ttexhausts/

13 minutes ago, Nige said:

Hey Russ.

It's a one in two out that fits to the stock pre-muffler, although mine is straight through.  Fits to both IB and early/backdate with standard headers/heat exchangers.  His Instagram shows all the different tailpipe configs, standard, Gt3, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/ttexhausts/

Cheers Nige.

Russ

• 6 months later...

Nige, do you know what sort of db this puts out? I was browsing Richards site yesterday and looking at his RS/RSR boxes. What stopped me getting his gt3 style one last time I was there was a fear of not passing any noise tests at trackdays. So I ended up with a beast of a back box that's almost full width of the car (2 in/2 out). Did you ever manage a drive by vid?

In my man-maths way I was thinking of getting a new box sorted before I fit and hack the rear RSR bumper I bought. :blink:

can one be capped to reduce noise?  I see he sells those cookie cutter ends, do they act as a noise baffle? anyone know? or just a period look for older cars.

Those inserts do nothing to reduce decibels Mark - they’re just thin sheet material fabricated for the look, TIG’d in place / no baffle effect etc.

I like the look personally. I have seen them with two “cookie” inserts not welded in the same orientation on the same silencer though (?!), so any interested party might ask about that if ordering.

Hi Mark,   

Can't really help with the above question, but have you thought about bolt on silencers for the track?  I know of TVR's that successfully use some for that very reason.

https://www.actproducts.co.uk/product/si06-porsche-gt3-sliencers-pr/

Something like the link, that you could tailor to your tailpipe diameter and then install some better retention clips rather than jubilee style (to stop them flying off at speed on track!)

Hi Sideways, they look like they would do the trick but they do look f-ugly !  Could be an option though for the ever decreasing number of track days we do nowadays :cry:

I know the feeling.  I haven't been behind the wheel on track for a few years now, but the more I look into it and the ever decreasing noise entry requirements, the more I think about sacking off the 911 for track use and buying a specifically quiet track car.  My last car had a 3" turbo back exhaust and only measured 78dB during static sound tests.  I just never imagine seeing that sort of noise from a tuned 911 whilst retaining the sweet flat 6 soundtrack :unsure:

noise rules at tracks are a stupid joke to appease a few moany locals. In Italy last week there were friggin scooters on the roads making more noise than my 911 :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

noise rules at tracks are a stupid joke to appease a few moany locals

People who move next to racetracks should have to sign a contract to never complain of racing noises!

I wonder if we moved next to a racetrack and complained to the council that the tracks were too quiet, that it would cancel the opposite noise complaints.. :smartass:

just a bumpety, Nige did you have any drive by vids with the RSR system fitted ?  interested to know if it sounds raspy flat six or rumbly v8

Edited by MarkJ