Impact Bumpers
246jaenick

1976 Carrera front seats

hi jim, i have a pair of vinyl seats, to the un-trained eye you would say they are black but infact they are the more rarer  dark blue but you would never know to look at, only in certain light do you get a slight hint of a dark blue to them but ya gotta look hard lol, regards ..... mark

2 hours ago, 246jaenick said:

Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply, but I really am looking for black seats.

Regards,

Jim.

jim they are black !   it took me and my cousin (who is a numbers data concourse expert on 911's) 2 hrs to decide they were the dark blue this summer in all that natural sunlight, but when i say dark blue i use that term very loosely, you cannot differentiate between the 2 types of seat, trust me you wont know or where to look to tell the difference,  but even as i say that they could quite easily be the black seats as its that hard to tell, the point im making unless you are in the know you would not know the difference, it could even be the polish i used to clean them in natural sunlight picking it up and not the colour of the actual seats or even me and my cousin willing them to be the so called "blues" as they are worth a lot more than a standard black seat, regards ..... mark

PS if ya know anyone who knows about the porsche 911 seats just ask them, im sure they will say the same as me

This may or may not be relevant but in general black colour either has a blue hue or brown hue.

3 hours ago, MGG68 said:

agreed thats why it took us 2 hrs to decide, even after 2hrs we're not 100% LMFBO

Why not pop a few photos of yourvseats on. We can all have a go at deciding 🤪

ok these are the seats but we are in artificial light, i still aint made my mind up yet, but to the naked eye i still think they got a blue tint to them ? but i dunno what you all will think after the flash off the camera ?

WP_20181211_17_25_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20181211_17_25_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20181211_17_26_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20181211_17_26_31_Pro.jpg

Look black to me! I have some dark blue Porsche leather seats and they are dark but deffo blue, no mistake. These do look black to my eyes.

While they do look black to me, I remember my dad’s MGB and both he and my Mum thought it had black leather seats: they were very dark blue vinyl...

Looks like the coarser grain black vinyl which was used on '77 model year 911 and Carrera 3 (224N on the chart). The same vinyl was not used for the centre section on 911s and Carrera 3.0 though which used basketweave vinyl or cloth.

'76 model year 911s/Carrera 3.0 used the pigskin grain vinyl as depicted by P444 on the chart.

However from ‘77 MY the stitching on the base splayed out at the ends. So assuming they are original and haven’t been retrimmed they are from ‘76 or earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow thanks for all of the input, my cousin who had midnight blue in his carrera thought he had black seats till the light hit them and they sheen'd a blue tint, so i would say that they are the midnight blue but if your after a pair of black seats .... then they are black ? ? ?