Jonny Hart

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, andy121 said:

Is it just me or is that exhaust really restricted? Is it twin exit?

Triple pipes isn't it - middle two have the extractors on. 

@Jonny Hart -  love it, sounds mega.  380bhp from 3.5 is a decent return.  Lots of trick internals?  And could it go in your green dream machine? 

Wow, sounds amazing!! 380bhp is an amazing figure, didn't think that possible without a Turbo on these engines!

I am going to hazard a guess that mere mortals wouldn't be able to afford :ninja:

2 hours ago, Northy said:

Triple pipes isn't it - middle two have the extractors on. 

@Jonny Hart -  love it, sounds mega.  380bhp from 3.5 is a decent return.  Lots of trick internals?  And could it go in your green dream machine? 

Yep, 3 pipe setup.   Built by Steve Winter.  Sadly not mine!  Neil Bainbridge did the fuelling setup and I tweaked the ignition.

We did a run on the single side pipe and lost 100HP!  

36 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

Yep, 3 pipe setup.   Built by Steve Winter.  Sadly not mine!  Neil Bainbridge did the fuelling setup and I tweaked the ignition.

That's an unbelievable difference! Does that mean if I put a similar exhaust on mine I'll gain 100 bhp? (Whatever the emoji for "hopeful" is)

One of the pulls.

.  IMG_0133.thumb.JPG.19275d4bea82e40b040d06dd7bda3b0e.JPG

43 minutes ago, jehatwhitland said:

That's an unbelievable difference! Does that mean if I put a similar exhaust on mine I'll gain 100 bhp? (Whatever the emoji for "hopeful" is)

Haha..  Only in your head.  Crossed my mind too...

3 hours ago, Busybee said:

Hey @SP72. 380hp from this 3.5. Another of Neil’s projects. What gives? 😜

Engine looks amazing but I have to admit - That's the first thing that sprung to my mind too.

It's really great to see other peoples awesome new projects doing great things but for me, I still think that BSM have got some seriously lacking legacy projects with basic errors made, awful time management and poor customer service to make good on.

:twocents:

1 minute ago, ALEX P said:

Engine looks amazing but I have to admit - That's the first thing that sprung to my mind too.

It's really great to see other peoples awesome new projects doing great things but for me, I still think that BSM have got some seriously lacking legacy projects with basic errors made, awful time management and poor customer service to make good on.

:twocents:

Sorry @SP72. Wasn’t having a pop. Was expecting someone to say this engine has x,y,z different hence the differences. How’s it coming along buddy? 

I don’t really know them Alex. Only through Shirish’s car really. But they do sound like they’ve dragged there feet there (to say the least) and even then, it’s taken a second bite. 

380hp from a 3.5 does sound flippin awesome. What’s the spec Jonny? 

33 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

Bainbridge’s.   Not many people realise it’s  a full engine test cell.  Ex Hyundai WRC.

I knew that, just having fun with you 😀

Dyno's are cool places to hang out at, always found time for stroll downstairs to smell/hear the F1 engines being punished

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I knew that, just having fun with you 😀

Dyno's are cool places to hang out at, always found time for stroll downstairs to smell/hear the F1 engines being punished

What is it you do in the heady world of F1 WC? 

22 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

He goes around saying ‘scusi’ a lot....:rlol:

🐎

10 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

A few people not paying attention.  It’s a Steve Winter (JAZ) built engine,  setup by BSM on their dyno. 

Doesn’t really change the question. 3.5 pumping out 380hp. What’s it had/been done to it? 

16 minutes ago, Busybee said:

🐎

Doesn’t really change the question. 3.5 pumping out 380hp. What’s it had/been done to it? 

Changes my ability to answer it though!  

Obviously all in the ignition.  😜

14 hours ago, Jonny Hart said:

A Joint build, not just Neils !

380hp is just awesome in one of these cars.

Had a passenger ride around Anglesey track in this last summer. One of the owners was telling me it was a 4.0 litre. Kicking out 400hp. Seriously, I’ve not felt a acceleration like it. Like being kicked in the back. Amazing experience. Best bit was watching brand new gt3rs owners getting out of the way on track. That’s gotta be worth the development money lol. Get in Air Cooled monster 😂

58B427E6-9BCD-4F2F-AE9A-F2BB20CE84A6.jpeg

D3E73CE5-4844-44D5-86A0-77B821CD9D7C.jpeg

you don't need that much in one of these cars anyway. Put a 3.6 in it and it will be all the power and fun you will need in an IB on track or road. I envy Jev and co who did their 3.6 transfers before all the engines (and anything Porsche!)  started fetching stupid prices. So wish I had the money back then to do it.

I reserve the right to change that opinion if somebody wants to put a 380bhp engine in my car :D