Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

Northy

IB Archives: the Old Guard

Yes that's the one, he sold to it a bona fide PCGB flipper :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johndglynn said:

Excellent memory Ace, I remember not so much of it. Loved that guy with the veggie bus - he was ahead of his time!

Make's me want to roadtrip in France again as  soon as we are able to! We have a Loire Valley trip on the list.

Just now, Dick said:

Great pics guys.  ACE - lovely to hear from you!  Is that the rather tasty car that you stuck a 993 lump in?  I was always so jealous following you while you were doing that...

Dick! How's it going mate, hope all is well with you and yours? That is the 3.6 car, regularly kick myself about selling it!

2 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Yes that's the one, he sold to it a bona fide PCGB flipper :D

😭😭

Now you have to tell me more about the buyer!!

All well here thanks ACE.  Still not in possession of an IB I am afraid but still car mad.  Unfortunately I just have the same size budget as I did in 2008 and the cars have increased a little bit more!  You well?

28 minutes ago, Dick said:

Now you have to tell me more about the buyer!!

All well here thanks ACE.  Still not in possession of an IB I am afraid but still car mad.  Unfortunately I just have the same size budget as I did in 2008 and the cars have increased a little bit more!  You well?

All good here thanks mate!

Good to see you online Tim - hope all is good in your world.

Found a pic of my first IB the other day from waaaaay before IB.com was even a twinkle in Mr Glynns eye!

1987 LHD 3.2, loved that car and drove it to work every day for about 4 years - never ever let me down.

49742132117_ce0e325978_h.jpg

Here's one from 2005! Pre-IB days. Steve Darnell and Big Mac were the frst two people I met in my one year as a PCGBer and we stayed friends way after that. Still in touch with Mac.

This was a Lions Club charity fundraiser at Althorp: there was us, the TVR and Jag Clubs and some other clubs. Beautiful day and a great burger van. Darnell was the then Club Sport Register chief and had bolloxed his wrist but couldn't help himself with the Instant Detailer. I left his burger on the tail - we had just arrived so it was still warm. Good times.

911 Steve Burger.jpg

Loving these 👍

DSC_0023.JPG

Daisy before the mid life spread 👆🏼

DSC_0007.JPG

Silverstone Rolling Road circa 2007

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

wales 2008 

Limey 😍 

DSC_0013.JPG

IIRC Nige and his brother got hammered the night before this and we’re hanging! 

911 & Porsche World photo shoot

911 PW shoot - bangers for 10K. 

DSC_0048.JPG

booooooost. Rest In Peace ✌️ 

Mille Miglia run

P1030776

possibly my best ever road trip, that one.  👌

• Like 1

Possibly one of my favourite IB pics. Perky driving his SC/C3 hybrid off Rob Campbell's trailer (towed by one of my 4runners) after we had picked it up from Chatham docks following US import. We got absolutely hammered at the Chatham Ramada the previous night. Buying this had cleared out Andy's bank account, but he still insisted on buying every round (as far as I remember 🍻). Gold-plated legend. This car was cool, but what a saga for Andy. God damn GOOD TIMES :D

Perkles 022.jpg

• Like 1

Remember the 'Ark'!! Think he got near enough single figure mpg getting to Classic Me Mans and OJ looking for cable to fix it in the Porsche parking!

What happened to it?

13 minutes ago, Roy M said:

Remember the 'Ark'!! Think he got near enough single figure mpg getting to Classic Me Mans and OJ looking for cable to fix it in the Porsche parking!

What happened to it?

Sold circa 2015? I went to see it a few years ago when it was with a friend just outside Stratford. Still looked great.

17 hours ago, Northy said:

Loving these 👍

DSC_0018.JPG

Wales 2008

See, my car does exist (in front of Limey ) ! :lol:

• Like 1

Here's one from Classic Le Mans 2008. I rented the house behind from Marie-Claire (who remembers the divine M-C) and a load of us drove down and took the place over. It was a terrific weekend, capped with a long night out at the village Bastille Day celebrations. €10 a head for dinner, wine, fireworks and hellraising.

Here's OJ and Carlo warming up for the evening, with Tripe encouraging them to lift glasses/bottles higher. The look on his face is pure "this has the makings of an excellent aftermath" :D

Classic Le Mans 2008 Impact Bumpers.jpg

57 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Classic Le Mans 2008 Impact Bumpers.jpg

Happy days, that was such a great trip!

Always remember our taking over Basil Fawlty’s little restaurant in the village on the first night .....

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, topcarrera said:

Happy days, that was such a great trip!

Always remember our taking over Basil Fawlty’s little restaurant in the village on the first night .....

He seemed a little miffed when, after telling us there was no food, we drove up to the service station and returned with our own ‘eat in picnic.’ Priceless. 😆

VT

• Haha 2

Here's one for Bank Holiday Monday from Essen Techno Classica 2007. I liked the Scirocco as, well, I like Sciroccos and anything old on steel wheels, and think I also had a cool Corrado 2L 8v at the time, bought from another IBer. Being a '76, it's the same year as my 911 and it is also painted in the same colour: Continental Orange. As a museum car, it still has its original paint, so it is an authentic example of what the colour looked like when new (not always guaranteed on repaints). @Chris_911 also took a shine to it and had a peek in the window as I was framing up. Love that blue '77 Mk1 Golf in the background also.

Essen has changed a lot since those days and manufacturers now bring far fewer cars to much smaller stands. I still go to Essen every year but glad I got to see it in its heyday.

Essen Chris T.jpg

• Like 1

Great times!

Loved that VW hall - such a rainbow of colours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AirCooledExcellence said:

That Essen trip was great, remember the little hotel we stayed in and the late nights drinking Kir Royales 🤣

And a certain waitress with a certain ponytail - OH YES 🥰

Posted (edited)

Mille Miglia Tour

Le Mans style parking outside the Lamborghini family museum, Fabio Lamborghini was a smooth operator!

1959385931_daddysphotos085.thumb.JPG.21cc043260dee75af672ac55c5da6056.JPG

Ferrari mountain road test loop, waiting for Hugh in his hire car after he clipped a wheel, old Italian cycling geezer wasn't best pleased to see us!

654357168_daddysphotos084.thumb.JPG.7524c4ef22c8c9e9b9ab2d131d631406.JPG

Maserati private collection and cheese tour 

1312436535_daddysphotos087.thumb.JPG.699b5d16c2cca111a0fdc48be0e8b754.JPG

Edited by World Citizen
  • Like 3

Here's a triple SC shot from a trip to Bob Watson's (RIP Bob) in January 2007. @Dr_Danger checking out @bruceb's SC with the Dangermobile and my SC cab in the background.

Bob's Jan 2007 002.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

From the days before hi-res phone camera's - here's a couple from an equinox run from 2009...

ib3.jpg.59f3c695675a0bd9181e2a453975fc08.jpgib2.thumb.jpg.f7f823c341f8248e660ea7f2e1c3db99.jpg

And a group shot from the 2008 IB Le Mans track day extravaganza 

ib1.thumb.jpg.d4dc33dff763684b60ba09437c83dc2d.jpg

Edited by Lesworth
  • Like 3

A day at the PCGB races with @topcarrera doing his usual!! My SC Cab and @AirCooledExcellence 930 in the background. TC and I ended up in the stewards' office as part of a post-race showdown: things just kick off with TC in tow :D

IB Silverstone 067.jpg

• Like 2