Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

Northy

IB Archives: the Old Guard

10 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

A day at the PCGB races with @topcarrera doing his usual!! My SC Cab and @AirCooledExcellence 930 in the background. TC and I ended up in the stewards' office as part of a post-race showdown: things just kick off with TC in tow :D

IB Silverstone 067.jpg

Ha ha ha and here @topcarrera is, at it again.  Up-skirting! 

1950433953_17a5a50722_b.jpg[/url]

Another Wales trip - 2008 

2561858745_a94831db7a_b.jpg

2562682550_d0c8295ecc_b.jpg

2561861707_00c89e5c35_b.jpg

2561744165_197d1f4356_b.jpg

2562575528_470eba4ea6_b.jpg

2562562098_5bbd7d3632_b.jpg

2562681514_2979d5a8cc_b.jpg

David - was yours on those 17" Rotas? 

Oooh!  Christine at 'he who may not be named' place. 

Wonder what happened to that car?

image.thumb.png.36fa5b28a2807691085a494365b87fae.png

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

I think they were using the same contraption on mine Lewis

String is the best way to set things up 👍🏻

Not sure what happened to PXN but Tank is free nowadays AFAIK. Twinset would know.

4 minutes ago, Northy said:

@tripe

Le Mans Classic 2010

image.thumb.png.debd84c22fc077ddbd4f235212db49e8.png

Marcus in front. Do you remember how wet that drive down was? Passing some trucks all I could see was Tripe's headlights in my mirror, nothing in front. It was grit your teeth and floor it time.

Yeah. Mega trip. Thems was the days. 

The Spa track day was another one.  On the trip down it rained for a while and at one point we hit some standing water and I had mine completely crossed up in the fast lane of the straight motorway....  New trousers please... 

What a trip that was.  Great road trip, track day and boozing in the evenings 🤪

This is about the only record I've got of it: https://player.vimeo.com/video/12424318

Reckon you boys need to move the reminiscing to a bit more making new memories. Long time dead as my granddad used to say lol. It is great seeing all the old cars and pics. 

9 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Reckon you boys need to move the reminiscing to a bit more making new memories. Long time dead as my granddad used to say lol. It is great seeing all the old cars and pics. 

A journey is where you have come from and where you are going. It is not all about the next stop.

The thread is about looking back and that is what we are doing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Not sure what happened to PXN but Tank is free nowadays AFAIK. Twinset would know.

Christine got traded to a car dealer for a nice Boxster Spyder (still in ownership) just before the men in white coats arrived for Tankman’s button-down-the-back jacket fitting.🤪

VT

Posted (edited)

A classic moment here, starring yours truly and @jevvy the moment my 3.6 transplant came alive :D

(BTW, I'm no where near that fat now!)

Edited by AirCooledExcellence
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Christine got traded to a car dealer for a nice Boxster Spyder (still in ownership) just before the men in white coats arrived for Tankman’s button-down-the-back jacket fitting.🤪

VT

Ah yes :D

21 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

A journey is where you have come from and where you are going. It is not all about the next stop.

The thread is about looking back and that is what we are doing.

Very true. Apologies. Forget sometimes this has been an established group of many years. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AirCooledExcellence said:

A classic moment here, starring yours truly and @jevvy the moment my 3.6 transplant came alive :D

(BTW, I'm no where near that fat now!)

Love that - must say Jevvy must be in line for some  sort of 'Spirit of IB' award. He seems to pop up everywhere helping people and he can cook as well!

42 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Very true. Apologies. Forget sometimes this has been an established group of many years. 

No apology needed. You are doing a good job at keeping the project threads going! Life and kids and coronavirus get in the way for some of us temporarily, but one looks backwards and forwards from under the same umbrella ;)

27 minutes ago, Roy M said:

Love that - must say Jevvy must be in line for some  sort of 'Spirit of IB' award. He seems to pop up everywhere helping people and he can cook as well!

"Does a lot of good work for charity...doesn't like to talk about it" ;)

Awesome video Tim - great to see her spurt into life!  I still have that t-shirt in my drawer upstairs :-)

• Like 1

Post Christmas carting beers from 2008

rex.jpg.9dd4a6a25bd6c4efdf707e4d18ce694e.jpg

And another from Le Mans 2008 - Rainer posing on the staring grid

rainer.png.2a7a0376957735e426c853660028db4b.png

And here is one from even earlier - the now defunct London and South East Posse that met monthly very regularly until last year when we all seemed to drift away for one reason or another. this one was in Bury St Edmunds before it moved to SE London. In the shot from left to right are: @stevecwalters @Dick @AirCooledExcellence and me.

meet.jpg.71c1f4e254d03ab3158ede924a8fa9e5.jpg

• Like 1

Last one from me for a while. Again the splendid 2009 Le Mans Bugatti trip. More old chestnuts in this photo than I care to remember - I wonder if anyone can name them all? No points for guessing that the gurning fool in the white T-shirt is @longman

image0.jpeg.a97fef5f61297e88cd1860fb8c1c552b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2013 10 Fatboys.jpg

2013 11 Fatboys.jpg

2013 12 Fatboys.jpg

• Like 1

Snetterton August 2011 - think it might have been that year's Twinny's dad memorial day.

8F4891E0-F468-4A79-9EAA-D06E57D68280_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c581f19f82cfbf50086fed3aae7ee614.jpeg

• Like 1