Upgraded forum subscription packages are now available here - this costs from just 4p a day so please consider supporting the forum. All discussion boards and technical forums will continue to be visible to all users. Forum software add-ons including the Private Messaging and Photo Uploader systems will be deprecated during August for free members.

New posts in the IB Cars and Parts Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads sections are now restricted to supporting members only. Access to the Classifieds, Marketplace Discussions and Wanted Ads section will be supporting members only from September 1st.

Note that the rules on trade adverts have not changed. IB still does not permit trade ads, but I am working on an 'IB Professional' supporter's option which may be of interest.

Northy

IB Archives: the Old Guard

1 hour ago, Lesworth said:

Last one from me for a while. Again the splendid 2009 Le Mans Bugatti trip. More old chestnuts in this photo than I care to remember - I wonder if anyone can name them all? No points for guessing that the gurning fool in the white T-shirt is @longman

image0.jpeg.a97fef5f61297e88cd1860fb8c1c552b.jpeg

Will deffo need a bit of help, and some of these are likely wrong. So, from said gurning fool, anti-clockwise..

Longman, Heckschleuderer, Rex Senior, Rex, Lesworth, Jammo?, VT, Babs, Jevvy, RB, ?, ? Mr Perkles (standing) Higgoe, Marcus, Andy Young (standing), JG, Tripe. 

Correct away....

VT

I think that's me behind Perkles? but hard to tell with the low-res 1997 digital camera quality :lol:

2 minutes ago, GaryH said:

I think that's me behind Perkles? but hard to tell with the low-res 1997 digital camera quality :lol:

Could well be, Gary. 😀 At the far end looks like Northy, but I know he pulled out due to moving and wedding commitments, IIRC.

VT

5 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Could well be, Gary. 😀 At the far end looks like Northy, but I know he pulled out due to moving and wedding commitments, IIRC.

VT

French Franck is standing in the blue t shirt

8 minutes ago, longman said:

French Franck is standing in the blue t shirt

Davrian not Jammo , dont think JG went on this one

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Fuchs915 said:

Snetterton August 2011 - think it might have been that year's Twinny's dad memorial day.

8F4891E0-F468-4A79-9EAA-D06E57D68280_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c581f19f82cfbf50086fed3aae7ee614.jpeg

Great (S**T) pic :)

Edited by jevvy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, longman said:

Davrian not Jammo , dont think JG went on this one

Correct - as is Gary H. Between me and Rex Senior is my mate Olive who was my passenger.

Is red top Jevvy senior? Did he come up in the camper? I wasn't on this - was Ciara's communion I think. I was on the treize/trente bieres first one :D

5 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Correct - as is Gary H. Between me and Rex Senior is my mate Olive who was my passenger.

Definitely looks like Rex there :D

Rex

DSC_0032.JPG

Higgoe and Perkles , les gourmands.. Rex snr and Twinset

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

Midlands mid-week meet early 2007 in the days when Speedsters were allowed to grace Middle England pub car parks!

P1010706.thumb.JPG.6480ff3d292202cae80d0386cd4c4084.JPG

8 hours ago, johndglynn said:

A day at the PCGB races with @topcarrera doing his usual!! My SC Cab and @AirCooledExcellence 930 in the background. TC and I ended up in the stewards' office as part of a post-race showdown: things just kick off with TC in tow :D

I just get caught up with the wrong crowd!

P1010629.thumb.JPG.f3769588eb9973988478ff7d1984eb5c.JPG

• Haha 2

Silverstone March 2007 again and Gary doing his Steve McQueen look (except he forgot to put his T shirt on before his jumper)

P1010671.thumb.JPG.687b85a88f5bab3a3fb1f3b0c94cc570.JPG

2 hours ago, johndglynn said:

Is red top Jevvy senior? Did he come up in the camper? 

Yep, that could be he.

VT

2 hours ago, longman said:

Higgoe and Perkles , les gourmands.

DSC_0073.JPG

Higgoe is one of those people you simply cannot have a quick chat with - hour minimum. Those brummie tops still make me laugh :D

Still think that’s the West Mids Mafia - Perky, Marcus and Higgoe in the original group pic - they were always together. Gary had way more hair back then too and there’s Jevvy Senior. Mark Bevan with his back to camera in this shot.

VT

AEFB7B57-09A8-4DF9-BF57-3FB8884D17CD.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Higher-res pic for better forensic examination... 

post-933-0-52470400-1385579482.jpg

Back in the days of the fatty boom batty turbo tea tray spoiler ! 

CIMG0103.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Posted (edited)

Canny Geordie lad relieving someone of their wheels ;)

442419666_e92e524d2a.jpg

Leeeean on British Scottish Pork :o !!!

442591280_95e2651294.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Posted (edited)

Tea - actually out and about ! 

zy5ypa7y.jpg

Brummie karting. A ringer, I reckon. 

a8ytyte9.jpg

They used to call it the Boost Mobile, not because of the big ol' turbo but more for the seat Twinny-tub needed to drive it :lol:

asu6usy6.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Posted (edited)

Lesser spotted Fred (in the even-lesser-spotted Gary's SC) . 

guqa3u2e.jpg

Oi ya cheeky feckerz ! 

JOHN_40th_zps86bfd59f.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Posted (edited)

"That's what she said too !" 

2a5bb6bf.jpg

Tripe on top Finbarr form ! 

Picture057.jpg

e8u8u9ub.jpg

Edited by GaryH

Think I was just about to lick it! Patrick's finest :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Think I was just about to lick it! Patrick's finest :D

There did seem to be a certain amount of hero worship taking place....

JG-2.thumb.jpg.9906e82d91af74f7c10b89af8f7de067.jpg