IB Archives: the Old Guard

Northy

On 1/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, fxm911 said:

Last ones from Le Mans
Stopped for food on the way, well when in France.....

P1010142.JPG

P1010143.JPG

I still got my IB T shirt, it's a bit tatty now, would love a new one, Shall we see if there is interest in a new run?

It's been a long time since I had my IB, but here are a few shots from Silverstone 2007.  I still really miss my IB but couldn't afford to buy it back these days!  I have to consol myself with a Lotus Elan +2 which gets some track use.  I hope you are all keeping well, Rich (aka Dick)

Silv2.jpg.2b23550137d8783d8f3232e1d76f102a.jpgSilv1.jpg.dd58a4d5310c956582998a08e1f7d39a.jpg

6 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Good to see you swing by and say Hi Dick, this thread certainly is drawing a few older posters back.

Twelve years ago - OMG!!!

Gosh it is 12 years isn't it?!  That is scary.  I certainly still miss those days, but I have still have 2 IB t-shirts that get worn every so often :-)

It looks like you aren't too far from where I live now (Guildford) so if you're ever in the area, please do drop me a line.  My kids and I would love to see one or two of your cars, and I could show you something which is built slightly less Germanicly!! 

Rich

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Gosh it is 12 years isn't it?!  That is scary.  I certainly still miss those days, but I have still have 2 IB t-shirts that get worn every so often :-)

It looks like you aren't too far from where I live now (Guildford) so if you're ever in the area, please do drop me a line.  My kids and I would love to see one or two of your cars, and I could show you something which is built slightly less Germanicly!! 

Rich

Ah cool - when did you move to Guildford? Happy to meet up for a natter sometime, we can compare how old, grey and fat 12 years makes!

18 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Ah cool - when did you move to Guildford? Happy to meet up for a natter sometime, we can compare how old, grey and fat 12 years makes!

We've been there 4 years now, after a stint in Dubai.  My commute is to Oxford and back every day which is a pain in the rear, and not helping the premature aging!

I will drop you a PM with my details.

Hi Rich, 

Still remember hooning it around the service roads outside Silverstone with your SS after one of the IB trackdays '08? :ani_clapping:

Cheers - Gary

19 hours ago, jevvy said:

... we can compare how old, grey and fat 12 years makes!

Two out of three ain't bad :lol:

Edited by GaryH

2 hours ago, GaryH said:

Hi Rich, 

Still remember hooning it around the service roads outside Silverstone with your SS after one of the IB trackdays '08? :ani_clapping:

Cheers - Gary

Oh yes Gary, you think we would have had enough speed by the end of the day wouldn't you?!

You still got that Mk1 MR2 which I wanted to buy??  I still want one of them.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

You still got that Mk1 MR2 which I wanted to buy??  I still want one of them.

Nope. Sold on, replaced with a rusty Mk1a beater which blew up, was rebuilt and blew up again ! (definitely not whilst in a doomed effort at racing an Audi R8 :whistling:

44 minutes ago, GaryH said:

Nope. Sold on, replaced with a rusty Mk1a beater which blew up, was rebuilt and blew up again ! (definitely not whilst in a doomed effort at racing an Audi R8 :whistling:

Ha ha, that was wishful thinking on your part :-)  It died the way it's maker intended though!

On 3/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, Dick said:

It's been a long time since I had my IB, but here are a few shots from Silverstone 2007.  I still really miss my IB but couldn't afford to buy it back these days!  I have to consol myself with a Lotus Elan +2 which gets some track use.  I hope you are all keeping well, Rich (aka Dick)

Silv2.jpg.2b23550137d8783d8f3232e1d76f102a.jpg

Hi Rich, great to see you mate ;)

3 hours ago, Dick said:

Ha ha, that was wishful thinking on your part 🙂 It died the way it's maker intended though!

'I almost had him !' 

'You never had anything' 

17 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Me and Jake were helping Jevvy with his incognito programme forced upon on him following the success of ‘Babylon’. Couldn’t leave the house without being mobbed.🤩 

VT

It was very much appreciated too, might as well get some royalties out of this:

3 hours ago, SP72 said:

This was taken on the day I collected my IB - some mixed up names (Jev has changed a bit!)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d5a7e005a6b01d6aimageproxy.php?img=&key=d5a7e005a6b01d6aimageproxy.php?img=&key=d5a7e005a6b01d6aimageproxy.php?img=&key=d5a7e005a6b01d6aimageproxy.php?img=&key=d5a7e005a6b01d6aFF41EB61-0269-4FD4-91E3-9367A7A7EFB0.thumb.jpeg.d1129133ac8b40dac92322869cddb4aa.jpeg776AE05E-25B2-48D8-8FEB-894373B21A21.thumb.jpeg.8962ebc01cb47019d8a1ef321112589d.jpeg

2AF4A587-2A3A-4433-BF18-BF91288805AA.jpeg

FB418E3B-223A-4280-B49A-0B4E4D0E3F6C.jpeg

8C5530D1-ABC8-406C-A567-D09FB2E4CEED.jpeg

Who from this rogues gallery are still active and IB owners, at least 80%?

• 1 year later...

Busier than ever during "lockdown" but finding some time to work on a few bits behind the scenes here. Tripped over this while looking for some original IB graphics today.

So the story is thus: after CLM 2008, little brother and I were off for our usual slow road trip home via Brittany, nothing booked (who needs to book). ACE decided he would tag along so the two 911s just meandered through Northern France all the way back to Calais a few days later. Good times albeit ACE will only eat steak and chips - there was some top class piss taken that weekend with the Irish doubling up on seafood against steak and chips Essex.

This place was up near Morbihan. Recently toured back there with middle daughter on my 1150RT. So good.

France Driving Porsche 911 1.JPG

• johndglynn changed the title to IB Archives: the Old Guard

@johndglynn That was such a good trip, you'll be pleased to hear that I have a more refined pallet these days (although still enjoy a good steak!). Remember when you fell over that "invisible" wall when we were walking back from the Bastille day celebrations in the little town we stayed in, don't think I've ever laughed so much :D Also remember that bloody "veggie" bus that we ate in when nothing else was open! Good times for sure mate 👍

CLM2008 304 (Medium).jpg

CLM2008 330 (Medium).jpg

CLM2008 264 (Medium).jpg

CLM2008 168 (Medium).jpg

CLM2008 178 (Medium).jpg

Great pics guys.  ACE - lovely to hear from you!  Is that the rather tasty car that you stuck a 993 lump in?  I was always so jealous following you while you were doing that...