Dead lights

MonkeyChap

I drew this up to help me get my head round it. I found neither Haynes nor Bentley were quite right (though the Haynes one is very hard to read). I'm working on one for the fuses now, prior to attempting to fit the Classic Retrofit board. I'll post it later when I'm finished.

Lights.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I replaced the indicator stalk today (thanks to Matt for sending it so quickly). The old one was properly fried. Although it sounds like a lot of work, removing the steering wheel etc, I think it's no more than an hour's job to replace. 

Fried contacts...

ind stalk contacts.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi, @MonkeyChapI've just found this thread while looking for main/dip beam wiring diags.  You may be interested to know that on my 1983 SC, dipped beam remains on when you switch main beam on, and this is apparently what Porsche intended (except for Switzerland, as it says in the diagram below) (fuses 5 & 6, in the Porsche numbering sequence, being for dipped beam):

image.png.797a2c9f62641d59fb1949c2ca68f4ea.png

So in fact the wiring comes from the light switch (at the top of the diagram above) directly to the dipped beam circuit (fuses 5 & 6) and from the light switch to the column stalk switch to the high beam circuit (fuses 7 & 8 in Porsche numbering) (but doesn't break the dip circuit) when the column stalk is pushed forward.

I hope this is helpful, but if not, please disregard!