Wot size spacer ?

MonkeyChap

Hello

I've got some winter tyres on my car now, on 7" cookies. The 205/65R15 on the rear is looking a bit sad under Carrera rear flares. What size spacer can I get away with at the back ? It's hard to judge / measure, so wondered if anyone else had done the same thing. If I had to guess I'd say 25mm. 

Ta

Ian

cookies1.JPG

cookies2.JPG

cookies3.JPG

Adapters are easier to install at that size rather than spacers which require longer studs fitting.

Although they call them spacers, I'd call them adapters.  You bolt the adapter to the hub and then the wheel to the adapter.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt179_184_-cma81-cmo104/Porsche/911-1965-1989/Wheel-Spacers/

Adapters are easier to install at that size rather than spacers which require longer studs fitting.

Although they call them spacers, I'd call them adapters.  You bolt the adapter to the hub and then the wheel to the adapter.

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt179_184_-cma81-cmo104/Porsche/911-1965-1989/Wheel-Spacers/

Even thought I'm calling them spacers here.

Be very careful.

The rear profile of the cookies mean that the nuts on adapters foul.

There is a lot of info on here regarding this.

MarkJ found this issue with 26mm adapters on cookies, the same adapters also had issues on 6 & 7 x 16 Fuchs.

I also think that Phil managed to use some 26mm spacers with cookies by grinding the nuts to gain clearance.

Mark

1 hour ago, SilverWT said:

MarkJ found this issue with 26mm adapters on cookies, the same adapters also had issues on 6 & 7 x 16 Fuchs.

Correction on this, the 26mm adaptors were OK on the 7 x 16 Fuchs, it was sizes under 26mm that could be a problem with nut fouling (Fuchs have more of a recess to clear the nuts than Cookies).

Mark

28mm with cookies shouldn't need any adjustments 

24mm with 7" Fuch is the smallest without adjustments although it's too big imho, 18mm with adjustments looks perfect to me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...