Carrera3.0 interior question - pinstripe

lovepor

Still in process of my restoration of my C3.0. Original my car did came with the pinstripe option. When I bought the car it did have the pinstripe fabric on both front seats. Now I am searching online and I do see two interesting things which my question is all about:

1) I see that cars with the pinstripe option also have the pin stripe on the back seats as well as the door panels. When owners choose the pinstripe did that automatically meant that all seats and door panels were with the pinstripe fabric? 

2) The door panels with pinstripe fabric ( i saw similar with the tartan option) look all flat door panels and not the door panels with the under an angle stitched in the door panel like you see on all Porsche 911 SC and later models. 

I add some pictures on what I have found. I don't know what is original or not. 30f44537da1b0a7ee5e420f824c9ff82.jpg.a20c0fb4b1cb64869b5c1f9e8dee3249.jpg

My C3.0 is from 1977.

Many thanks for your responses. If you have pics from your car if you believe it is original that would be great too. 

Regards

Govert

image817012017798909.jpg

MG_5526-Editar-copia.jpg

_MG_06551545620085.jpg

There was no ‘automatic’ anything when it came to Porsche options.  They were extremely lenient with special orders.  This was likely to offset the fact that they didn’t have a broad range of body styles.  Hence, very hard to find baseline original examples.  In your research I think you are going to find covered door panels covered about 50% of the time.  Personally, I prefer the standard tufted door panels.  Gets a wee busy when they’re covered with patterned cloth...

The Carrera 3.0 pinstripe option only had the pinstripe material in the centre of the front seats. The door cards (with the 45 degree stitching) and back seats were covered in black leatherette. There was an option for leather interiors but the pinstripe was still only used for the front seat centres.

The tartan material on the door cards and rear seats was an additional option only available with the tartan.

Hi!

Borrow the thread a bit,

Just a question regarding my Carrera MY-7,  I have this info from Porsche Center, 

Option code 392= door panels, rear side panel, rear seat coushion, lower part of backwall lining tartan dress.

Interior leatherette black/tartan dress green.

Can someone help me identify how this would look?

Thanks in advance

Rgds, Andreas

Andreas, this is a green tartan interior with the option M392. You can't see it in the photo but when the rear seats are folded down the vertical surface of the rear shelf is also in tartan.

There was also the option in 1977 to have the tartan extended to the bolsters of the front seats.

53366c.jpg

53366d.jpg

Hello Guy,

Thank you so much for this information, than I know how it looks back in the days! Now I have black leather. The original color is Ice green metallic, it looks similar to the car on your pic.

Once again, thanks for your knowledge! 

IMG_4037.JPG

4 hours ago, Guy said:

No problem Andreas, nice garage but you look a little too young to drive.😃

All my friends use to say that I´m looking young for my age............:D but the small man behind the steering wheel is my son and hi is 8 years on Sunday!🎂 You have to start in young years!

Yeah, i spend a lot of my time in the garage it took me about 4 years to get everything up to date. Learning by doing! 

Sorry to steal your thread Govert, but nice that you get good information from all friendly and competent IB people!

Rgds,

Andreas 

IMG_4041.JPG

c3.jpg

C 3.0.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg