Impact Bumpers
Chris T

Wanted; cylinder head temp sensor for 3.2

Long shot really, but does anybody have a GOOD one? The wires were a bit 'bruised' on mine and I had made a heat-shrink repair previously, so when my ring spanner with a gap tool slipped I took the decision to cut the wires and remove with a socket as they are only about 35 quid right? WRONG!! £120 + VAT. Wish I hadn't done that now. Wires cut off too short to realistically repair, does anybody per chance have one or know of a suitable alternative without the P tax attached?

Thanks, Chris.

These are Porsche only now, hence the price increase! £170+ vat from OPC, D911 £192+ vat.....................................£120+vat seems quite good!

90 dollars at pelican and less on eBay US. Might be worth importing one? Any friends in the US?

It really is such a con though when the next closest types are just £35 as you first thought :angry:

Ridiculous prices.  Really simple NTC thermistor device.  Just looked up temp v resistance data for VW Van / P 914 4 cylinder CHT sensors and pretty much the same.  These dont need to be an absolute perfect match.  1 Kohm+ at ambient or below to less than 100 ohms at working temp should do the job.  If the VW/914 item has same thread and wire is long enough then it would probably work fine, less than £20!

Awesome forum strikes again :signs85:

Top Carrera, that will do for me tommy!! I’ll investigate, as you say it’s a simple device, hence my recoil at today’s prices!! Car is being rolling roaded and had a Canems ECU now anyway so should be all do able. 

I've got Type 4 / Porsche 914 CHT sensor sat on my workbench a home - I can measure the thread tonight. It's single wire as far as I recall.

Single wire will work fine, the second wire added to the new ones is for better earth. The original single wire ones earth via threads to the head.

But you all know this I'm sure!

Just measured the Type 4 CHT sensor thread - its M10x1. I thought I had an old 3.2 CHT to compare but I must have binned it - so not sure how this compares.

Thank you for your help ladies and gents, all good research for the upcoming '911 price hacks' thread! I'm thinking BMW crank sensors, 914 CHT sensor and perhaps more to come..... My problem has been solved by a cheeky eBay bid, securing me a brand new genuine 3.2 CHT sensor for about half the cheapest price available and about twice what they cost just a short while ago!

Chris.