Impact Bumpers
Targatogo

Rear disks

Sorry to bother you all but is there a knack of getting the rear disks off? I have tried to adjust the handbrake but the near side rotor will not move enough to engage the handbrake shoe (off side fine!). Either I suspect the shoes need replacing or the rotor has stuck - I have released the cables so there should be some room for manoeuvre according to the Bentley manual. The rotor will move but not enough to engage to handbrake shoe whichever way I rotate it. 

I have tried to turn the screws by hand to no avail but I have an impact driver (Halfords one) so do I just give them a clout? The two retaining screws will need replacing anyway as they have been slightly abused in the past by the looks of it!

Thanks in anticipation....

You're not going to do any harm giving them a clout with your impact hammer, maybe spray some WD40 on and leave overnight.

Thanks Andy352 - WD40 sprayed on twice today - will do again tomorrow and give em a clout on Friday......

Make sure you pick an impact driver bit that fits the head snugly and if possible flush / clean out the oily residue left behind from the WD40 so you have a nice dry slot before attacking it.

Good firm whack rather than gentle taps otherwise the bit can jump out the slot and chew things up more than they already are, preload the driver in the direction you want it to turn often helps too.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice jevvy - not used an impact driver before...was aiming to practice on something first!!!

Worked a treat once I had the confidence to give it a whack! Will be removing the callipers tomorrow and then the disks to get at the handbrake stuff.