1977 Cali import- ignition barrel not returning to position 1 after ignition/part number request

Hi. I'm having difficulty sourcing (or fixing) a replacement ignition barrel for my 1977 Targa 2.7. Any ideas how I  can source this part or get the part number? Basically the (weak) spring is not 100% returning the barrel to position 1 after I let go of the key after moving it to position 2 for engine start. Can this be fixed by disassembling the ignition barrel? This is effecting the electrics and what's on/off. Thank you. I sincerely appreciate any assistance/feedback from you guys. Richard

There was a recent thread on this I believe - have a search in the relevant sections.

In the mean time if your windows work you have rotated the key back to the correct position ;)

The barrel is sealed and cannot be opened, the switch on the end can be replaced if at fault.

Matt.both can be opened but.The ignition porting is a pita to do anything so it is better to buy new one maybe even you have those right?

The manual part can be also repaired but not too many peeps know how-well i do and done plenty of them like for rekeying purpose...

RDRA i would start with replacing the el.portion where the spring is inside...

Ivan

The barrel is pressed into the casing, you would feck the thing up if you tried to open it!

Maybe I should have put it this way...................The barrel is pressed into the casing, I would feck the thing up if I tried to open it!