Impact Bumpers

Went to OPC Cardiff yesterday for the 992 launch. Bit of a damp squib to be fair. Bit of chat from site and Porsche principals, a couple of atmospheric vids then sheets off. No brochures, goody bags etc. Not even any ladies with big knockers draped over the cars! Lol 

Few photos of the 992. Looks very big. I know, everyone says it. Not so sure about the gear selector thing. Decided to take Shirley.  170 mile round trip and home by 11.30 up through the A roads of Wales. Fab. Went for a burger with a few mates on the way home. Nice photo showing shirls next to the 991 on the dual carriageway from behind. How big does the 991.2 look. 986 juby looks tiny!

987F842B-EC8A-405D-BE59-B6B3BEB22F6C.jpeg

BF6BA221-3A07-420F-9254-F301FCC839CB.jpeg

62957E69-3211-470E-A200-927198A19D21.jpeg

836B2A26-CA16-4E08-93D0-01C12C32CEDF.jpeg

836FED75-6E93-4BD5-AFB5-0390B5DA2826.jpeg

I went to the OPC Colchester event last Friday. Quite enjoyed the evening. Very busy!  Liked the car too. I thought it felt more compact from the drivers seat and no bigger than the 991 my father has. Interior is very well done (save maybe for the gear selector as you say) 

Overall impressed 👍 

I was at the OPC Tonbridge event last Tuesday  ..... was really busy with lost of posh people :-)

Think I prefer the 991 to the 992 - although I did like the return of the bodylines in the bonnet that mimic those on our cars 

Car park was the best bit - quite a lot of modern 997/991 's ..... with only one guards red  Carrera , a 964 and my 993 representing the air-cooled fraternity

Oh ..and the workshop ..... that was pretty impressive 

OPC Tonbridge.jpg

4 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

I went to the OPC Colchester event last Friday. Quite enjoyed the evening. Very busy!  Liked the car too. I thought it felt more compact from the drivers seat and no bigger than the 991 my father has. Interior is very well done (save maybe for the gear selector as you say) 

Overall impressed 👍 

Great. Thought it was a beautiful car. Just big. Don't think there's much in it between 991 and 992 to be honest. Like the bonnet folds on the new car. Kind of retro. Gear selector was just weird. Need Swarovski crystals on it. The toggle switches under the huge nav screen were a bit naff. Overall cabin was a lovely place to be. Just worlds apart from our little IB's. I'd have one if I was looking to spend 100K on a car, just at 100l, there's a lot of cool stuff out there.

20 minutes ago, vernon said:

I was at the OPC Tonbridge event last Tuesday  ..... was really busy with lost of posh people 🙂

Think I prefer the 991 to the 992 - although I did like the return of the bodylines in the bonnet that mimic those on our cars 

Car park was the best bit - quite a lot of modern 997/991 's ..... with only one guards red  Carrera , a 964 and my 993 representing the air-cooled fraternity

Oh ..and the workshop ..... that was pretty impressive 

OPC Tonbridge.jpg

Yup, tons of poshness about at Cardiff too. My 3.2 Carrera was the only air cooled car in the car park (that I saw). They had an early 912 (67/68 maybe, I forget) in polo red at the entrance doors to welcome the guests. Would have been better off putting my car there. At least it was an original 911 lol. Think I prefer the 992. Bonnet looked cool and I like the back more. Plus 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. That's flipping fast. 

Damn my fat sausage fingers, the silver car in my photo's is a 996 40 Jubi. Lovely car. Had a go on track in it on Sunday. chris did it go some. 

36 minutes ago, vernon said:

mimic those on our cars 

Quite a few mentions of that approach in the development vid:

I think they both suck, neither the 991 or 992 do anything for me. Fat heavy grand tourers, I just think Panamera when I see one now.  Cayman is the new IB, and even that they've spoilt a bit with a soul-less 4pot turbo and ever increasing dimensions and weight. :rolleyes: 

Read recently that Porsche are doubling their 'daily' production to 400+ cars !!...way to go with the individuality/rarity <_< about as special as owning a modern golf now..

+1  ,  They will probably throw in a free GPS speed restrictor in 22  anyway so may as well get a Ford Focus  ! God life can be depressing , regulated to the end good old EU  Ha ha 

Edited by Henry

I'd have one if it was thrust upon me but not a car I dream about. Nor the 991. GT3, different story. How fast will the 992 GT3 be I wonder. Biblical, epic, stupid spring to mind.