Market question about my own car

Hammers

Thanks for the advice. it is nice.

So far i have 2 offers.1 for €30k and another for €37k 

It's been on mobile de for 49k, i'll drop it. It's been on classicdriver, ebay, here.

Starting to wish i hadn't sunk another 2k into getting it perfect for its new owner. 

You also need to account for the fact it is in Ireland. Therefore it needs to be a chunk cheaper than those for sale on mainland Europe otherwise there is no incentive for a buyer to get involved in a long distance purchase when they’ll have plenty of choice closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good points. My concern for lashing it up cheap is as much about what it says about the car as getting less money for it.

It's a rust free rebuilt coupe with low miles. It just doesn't feel like one you put up for 35k STG. But maybe it is. 

Wish people were doing this when I bought one ; )

I wouldn't send it to the EU mainland, it will sell if realistically priced. Eire is a bit far away for people as it adds transport costs and time but if the price is right then they will be in touch.

LHD is not 'always cheaper in the UK' - it is very dependent on model. You can afford to take UK asking prices with a pinch of salt anyway. Look at NL and Germany and price below them when transport costs are included. Offer close to your bottom line and do little or no discounting.

It's an '84 so should be a little cheaper than a G50 and you need to talk about the transmission history - any rebuilds etc. That is a competitive price vs some of the 911s I have seen at Essen this weekend but still fairly optimistic at the start of the season with some Euro buyers keeping their powder dry and watching the exchange rates.

Perhaps put a bit more work into your presentation and give some insight into transport costs & options. Consider sending it to the UK where there are more options for buyers to inspect independently. I am handling a well priced RHD longhood for an Irish buyer at the mo, as it is easier to get some interest going when the car is closer to the bigger UK market and to onward shipping options. It has come in from Cork and is still on Irish plates but easy to sort if a buyer needs help to do that.

• 2 weeks later...