RPM Lumetechnik Lights

Kenny Senior

I've managed to bag a set of 9eleven headlights at a favourable rate. As such my RPM LED ones are for sale. They put out a huge amount of light with a lovely crisp cut off and make a huge difference to night driving.

These are actually meant for a pre-74 car as they don't have a 5w sidelight built in, but my MoT man is quite pragmatic and you can always swap them out if yours isn't. They are £990 brand new and come from RPM as only the LED insert units to replace the reflective lenses in your headlight. Mine will come as complete headlight units with clear glass, ready to fit (minus the trim rings that pop over the top). £800 delivered in the UK. I don't have any photos of them out of the car yet but this is what they look as fitted to my car.

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

Just the usual restomod stuff that everyone seems to be doing. I've had a few 911s, mostly aircooled. I sold my 993 C2 10 years ago to allow me to take a jump up the property ladder. I wasn't looking but came across an SC for a pittance. It was very tired, very rattly and a little rusty, but it had a valid MoT and was drivable. It wasn't far off being worth more in parts than as a car and this is when they weren't worth much as a car at all.

Since then I've pretty much rebuilt the whole thing twice. First as a lightweight IB with 3.2SS and second (because of a terrible paint job) as a 3.6 Varioram "backdate" although it's not really a backdate. There are now parts on the car from '64 through to '96. It's all wrong and many people who care about these things will think I am all that is wrong with the world. Gauche. A rotter. A charlatan trying to pass off that which isn't as is. I don't really care. I've built the car for to drive. Whenever and however I like. 

I'll probably do a big thread at some point.

Kenny, pleases me more than you could ever know that there are people out there like yourself modifying a car's to what you want rather than for what the market wants

parts from 64 to 96 😎

sounds like my first project car, was built using parts from 21 different cars from a mini to a McLaren F1

Edited by World Citizen

Thanks World Citizen. My best mate's dad worked for the Lotus Formula 1 team in the 60s and 70s He literally built the Type72 that Fittipaldi won the world championship in. Anyway, he has an Elan that he acquired while he worked for Colin. He tells an interesting story, something about in lieu of wages and tax fiddles. He has a lot of interesting stories, as it goes. He has rebuilt that Elan numerous times, changing bits as he goes. It's such a lovely car, but my overriding memory is how it's such a constant in his (and my mate's) life. This 911 my forever car. It might not have a Chapman tax avoidance tale attached, but it has stories to tell and it will have a few more before I've finished.

Anyway, anyone want to buy some expensive lights?

Edited by Kenny Senior

Ooo, Kenny I'll bag these please if they're still available? I was going to buy new set at the end of the month, but this will save me £££ which can be spent elsewhere 👌👌

Cheers, Paul

Smashing, no major rush as I won't be fitting till May. Let me know how you'd prefer payment over PM and I'll fire over and send you postage address 👍

I can paypal/bank transfer etc etc