Jump to content
Impact Bumpers
Busybee

Is mine the first uk sc targa?

Recommended Posts

Is there a way of finding out if my sc targa is the first into the uk? 

Delivered 11/11/77 to Charles Follett ltd. 9118310552

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine has a LHD 1976 SC Targa (model year 77) that was delivered in 76, not sure when RHD ones came out of the production line but a one year gap seems a bit unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SC's all started in 1978 MY, 552nd car off the line so unlikely to be first? Get yourself over to the PCGB forum and ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s what I thought too Matt. Production of the SC started in September 77 after the August shutdown. Can’t be far off the first as it’s a Targa and Rhd. 

55 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

A friend of mine has a LHD 1976 SC Targa (model year 77) that was delivered in 76, not sure when RHD ones came out of the production line but a one year gap seems a bit unlikely.

Can’t be right. 76 would be a Carrera 3.0 and not an sc 

If they ever made a Carrera 3.0 in a Targa that is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Busybee said:

Can’t be right. 76 would be a Carrera 3.0 and not an sc 

If they ever made a Carrera 3.0 in a Targa that is 

TBH I don't know much about SC's so just going on what he said, seen the car but not the VIN - will take a closer look next time I see the car and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Busybee said:

That’s what I thought too Matt. Production of the SC started in September 77 after the August shutdown. Can’t be far off the first as it’s a Targa and Rhd. 

Can’t be right. 76 would be a Carrera 3.0 and not an sc 

If they ever made a Carrera 3.0 in a Targa that is 

This is a bit wrong. Production for the following model year can start ahead of August - especially in a model change year - and there are plenty of C3 Targas about. Not too many differences between C3 and SC Targa shell wise.

I wouldn't get too excited about it being the first SC into the UK and that may be unlikely, but a nice geek fact if it turns out to be the case. Maybe start a conversation with Porsche Cars GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

This is a bit wrong. Production for the following model year can start ahead of August - especially in a model change year - and there are plenty of C3 Targas about. Not too many differences between C3 and SC Targa shell wise.

I wouldn't get too excited about it being the first SC into the UK and that may be unlikely, but a nice geek fact if it turns out to be the case. Maybe start a conversation with Porsche Cars GB.

Thanks John. Had thought the SC production started after the German August shutdown in 77. Not really too bothered, just curious really as she’s so early for an sc targa.

Can’t imagine it’ll make a value difference etc and think the mrs would rather get rid of me before Scarlett. Family member the red frauline. 

The question is, do I have the first and by sheer accident 😁 How do I find out? The certificate of conformity I have for her lists her as a 911S. Good old Porsche GB 

59780785-C76C-45CB-B262-947D37D227B3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1977 SC Targa chassis numbers begin with 9118310001, but I don't know how LHD and RHD versions are serialised.  I think there were 1728 in total built (excluding the US version which is ...82... chassis numbered).

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fourth letter is the MY, 8=1978, Porsche will tell you all SC's started in 1978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...