Impact Bumpers
Sign in to follow this  
sammillyard

195 Omega Spring

synario: I was pulling out ot the pub carpark last week when all of a sudden I heard a snap sound, symoultainously the force to keep the clutch pedal depressed probabaly doubled. Verdict: Sheered omega spring (i picked up the snapped off part from the road.).

Has anyone changed their Omega spring, and can anyone recomend Original porsche part over pattern part (Porsche £110 patturn £80) 

Thanks, 

Sam M

For the extra £30 get the Porsche one.  Omega springs should be pretty easy to change - it's getting that far under the car that is the tricky bit.  

Nearer 40 quid when I checked with OEM, not pattern, and Geuine Porsche, 66 quid oem, 105 Porsche, plus vat

16 minutes ago, Northy said:

For the extra £30 get the Porsche one.  Omega springs should be pretty easy to change - it's getting that far under the car that is the tricky bit.  

yeah, good point I guess. 

Looks easy enough to change...I changed the clutch on a 1974 911 2 weeks ago so well adapted to getting under the car! typical that a week after doing a clutch replacment on the 74 i get in the 85 and pop goes the omega!   

1 minute ago, Type911 said:

Nearer 40 quid when I checked with OEM, not pattern, and Geuine Porsche, 66 quid oem, 105 Porsche, plus vat

can you send a link of the oem? - my thoughts are (at £40) if it last half the time/milalage of the original then it will see my lifetime out!