Std Carrera Heat Exchangers (Oh no not another exhaust thread!)

Apologies - you are probably all bored of my endless exhaust posts.

Just wanted to share the loveliness that is a Dansk stainless steel HE (at least compared to Eisenmann!) The construction and finish are leagues away from what I have been looking at over the last few days. Many thanks to Matthew at Type911 for getting these to me so quickly :) 

740638380_StdHE-1.jpg.eccf284bde6bb8fe2a9c3779087f7ee2.jpg

This is the neatly pressed clearance for the engine oil cooler:

1184324011_StdHE-2.jpg.0e3444f91266b64ac24a27b9bd3f45f5.jpg

The "allowance" made on the Eisenmann HE for the engine cooler. I queried how this had been made and was told 'using a press'. If this was done using a press than my name's Elvis ;) 

Exhaust-23.jpg.9cc3b74a030d193434b86c5d6bf8c154.jpg

And here is the Dansk unit fitted - note the amount of clearance around the oil cooler. I think the Eisenmann HE needed somewhere near 10mm of additional clearance in this area.

1660047627_StdHE-4.jpg.6971ebcb8a4c6aa7f3c0c39a927f0ec8.jpg2126600728_StdHE-3.jpg.35439d9d1b4ef1e3c7c864cda371d7a1.jpg1345708285_StdHE-5.jpg.3e842e3cb63e28c541c12f4c6a058bcd.jpg

Finally some good news! I think you will appreciate the factory HE's next time you do a valve adjust and can do it without removing the HE's first :)

That said its even easier with no HE's in the way so maybe....

2 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Finally some good news! I think you will appreciate the factory HE's next time you do a valve adjust and can do it without removing the HE's first :)

That said its even easier with no HE's in the way so maybe....

Ha! It's so nice to work with parts that fit!!

11 minutes ago, Nige said:

Now get a TT pre silencer and muffler fitted.

On order ;)

Am toying with the idea of getting a one in two out. I notice Dansk do a lower valance panel to accommodate two exits.

No idea if there is any performance benefit?

its been so long I cant remember if two-out gave any known advantage over a single out. You would think it must do as most high end performance cars (from early RSR on) use twin outs.

exhaust options -bhp-chart.gif

4 hours ago, MarkJ said:

You would think it must do as most high end performance cars (from early RSR on) use twin outs.

That's at least in part because they are twin-in.  If single-in, then single out is fine if its not restrictive which is somewhat tricky given the necessary u-turn in confined space if you want a std LHS exit.  In std 3.2 exhaust, you have already blended twin into single before the pre-muffler, so no real benefit to splitting again to twin at the muffler point.  

4 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

That's at least in part because they are twin-in.  If single-in, then single out is fine if its not restrictive which is somewhat tricky given the necessary u-turn in confined space if you want a std LHS exit.  In std 3.2 exhaust, you have already blended twin into single before the pre-muffler, so no real benefit to splitting again to twin at the muffler point.  

Thanks Richard. I will save my pennies and just stick with 1 in 1 out.

6 hours ago, MarkJ said:

isn't 1 in 1 out a bit restrictive though? (cant remember if you have modified your engine much) - fine for a stock lump.

I think it will be fine for me. My engine is stock apart from a Steve Wong chip.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chris_911 said:

Have received this image from Rich at Turbo Thomas and am eagerly awaiting delivery....

image1.jpeg.1a303ae1cda03cb9b873ff3926300877.jpeg

Look forward to seeing how you go on with this.😁👍

Russ

If that sounds anything like Nige’s, it will be worth the wait.

Im tempted by a little more noise, but now living in a relatively quiet part of the world, I don’t think my neighbours would be overly appreciative :) 

Maybe I’ll consider a valved setup in the future.

I’ve got an older single in single out from TT - but it was custom made as I’ve got 993 H/E’s 

I’ve generally found that twin outs on a 3.2 give too much drone - just around the 3000 rpm mark (where you tend to do a lot of your driving) - switching to single out eliminated that

23 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Have received this image from Rich at Turbo Thomas and am eagerly awaiting delivery....

image1.jpeg.1a303ae1cda03cb9b873ff3926300877.jpeg

I quite fancy one of these. Bit more noise, bit more drama. You put Dansk exchangers on didn’t you Chris?