Impact Bumpers
karmakanix

Inner door lock jams

Has anyone had problems with the inner door lock mechanism jamming? My SC will not allow an ‘unlock’ if using the interior turn knob. Works OK if locked/unlocked with the key.
Fishing for experience of an obvious/easy fix before I tear down and remove the door frame.

The door is stripped and it is definitely the catch part, not the knob/button. 

yes, plenty, isolate if its the door lock inside the door, then wd40 the hell out of the mechanism or remove the frame and pull the lock, and lubricate it. If its the lock, its just something mechanical and its an easy fix. The door will also hang is the b post latch is not correctly adjusted and shimmed. The correct alignment of the b post latch will normally conencide with a nice door closure sound and the top of the wing to door lined up, but that all depends if your door is correctly shimmed and lined up on the A post!

31 minutes ago, Strictly said:

yes, plenty, isolate if its the door lock inside the door, then wd40 the hell out of the mechanism or remove the frame and pull the lock, and lubricate it. If its the lock, its just something mechanical and its an easy fix. The door will also hang is the b post latch is not correctly adjusted and shimmed. The correct alignment of the b post latch will normally conencide with a nice door closure sound and the top of the wing to door lined up, but that all depends if your door is correctly shimmed and lined up on the A post!

Thanks for the feedback, it's definitely the catch in the door. I am going to get hold of a replacement lock and strip down and replace over the winter.

When I rotate the knob  it locks fine but won't unlock. The rod visibly bends, something is hanging up in the mech. It's all well lubricated in there. All other functions are fine.

I have disconnected the knob and cable tied so it doesn't 'vibrate' locked - that would be annoying with the door panel on. 

Ah if its the one inside the door, you probally dont need a new one. I have never needed to buy one!! Just clean it, and relubricate, making sure it locks and unlocks before you put  the whole lock back in. Of course something could be broken, but more than likely seized. Frame and window out, and then you can get at it!

Anyone come across any pictures/diagrams of the lock and how it works?  I have a similar problem of the door not locking at all - with key or knob.  I can't for the life of me work out what is not working correctly.  I am at the point of paying an indie to fix it.

I had an issue which was caused by the screw coming loose at the back of the lock barrel. Similar symptoms to above.

7 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

Anyone come across any pictures/diagrams of the lock and how it works?  I have a similar problem of the door not locking at all - with key or knob.  I can't for the life of me work out what is not working correctly.  I am at the point of paying an indie to fix it.

I have tried to understand the lock without removing it from the car - this may be a starting point for you.

911SCDoorLock.jpg