• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MarkJ said:

yeah turn-key and a 150k more like :rolleyes:

I refuse to accept any cynicism from a man with louvered side glass..... :) 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, MarkJ said:

yeah turn-key and a 150k more like :rolleyes:

Turn key: yes, 150k: no. Up for £50k, Italian car, non varioram engine installed by 9M early 2000’s, had a top end by 9M when Colin bought it in 2010, running on Motec, so c325hp on good fuel map, club sport shocks with turbo torsion bars, 7/9 Fuchs on Contis, LSD in the ‘box, standard brakes, original paint, so not perfect- dents and scratches from being in London, bubbles on the LH quarter by the window/roof where the foam is, based on MOT history mileage somewhere around 196k, interior is blue and a bit tired, needs floor mats, Car is down in Deal.

Edited by Dr Rock

that silver car is 50k? would have thought someone might take their arm off for that :huh: even with the niggley bits. Wonder if he'd swap for mine and a few readies, I'd love another 50bhp under the hood ...but I don't like the silver paintwork nor the expense the bodywork would cost to put right.

Edited by MarkJ

I've heard that silver car is muchos fun to drive, pretty much perfect spec IMO. LHD, G50, LSD, 993 3.6 with cams, NON sunroof. Bet it goes like stink @ 325 (9M) bhp.

2 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

yeah 9m bhp being the key bit :D  my engine builder had a lot to say about their figures

It will certainly be over 300 with a 993 lump and cams + motec, I think that recipe typically hovers around the 320 mark so it wont be too optimistic.

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

..but I don't like the silver paintwork nor the expense the bodywork would cost to put right.

Silver is a great 911 colour! Colin reckoned about 2k to do the paint....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

but I don't like the silver paintwork

Whats the matter with you? Must need to go to Specsavers!

6 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

Silver is a great 911 colour!

See, some of us have some taste.

Hmm, 50K for a silver car with patina, I must get off my ass and get that 3.6 in mine.

In the whole scheme of things, I think that it looks like good value for what you get, with some added provenance of a known original professional  build. Which is OK if you have 50K to spend.

Mark

24 minutes ago, SilverWT said:

Hmm, 50K for a silver car with patina, I must get off my ass and get that 3.6 in mine.

Must be 6-8 years since you bought it now, Shirley?

I know its a nice colour on a 911, but just not the colour I want 'my' 911  :)

if I ever got a respray I'd go Orange, Slate grey or Red

50k for a tatty high miler, whats the world come too. But sure its a fun car to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to have a look at this next week !!! Is there anything similar out there to compare it to. Its been a while since i owned the 3.2 clubsport so need reminding of the things to look out for. Colin tells me the car has a couple of minor dents and the only rust is rear quarter panel which apparently has foam behind it which obviously holds the water a rots from the inside.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

Either bargain the price down or get the rust in the rear quarter repaired at the asking price.  No easy way to repair that other then cut it out and weld in new steel, that's not too bad really but then that rear quarter will need full paint for it to blend in.  

Edited by Nige

I'm trying to think which part of the rear quarter has foam behind it?

The only part that I can think of is the foam rubber seal between the oil tank and the engine bay and there's that foam seal between the engine bay and the rear seats where the engine harnesses pass through. Where else?

Beneath the rear screen for sure

And I think this may extend up to near the roof line

Trying to match silver will be difficult too

Edited by SP72

That rust is very common.  Mine was about 6 inches further forward from what Nige shows in pics.  If under the 3/4 window it can be tricky to repair.  Given the sill covers are on, it likely has some nastiness hiding away unless sills have been done, but if Colin removes the covers you can check easily and also check kidneys once on a lift.