Impact Bumpers

On 5/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, Dr Rock said:

Silver is a great 911 colour! 

I agree.

Why is that foam pad thing there anyways? 

8 hours ago, Richard Bernau said:

That rust is very common.  Mine was about 6 inches further forward from what Nige shows in pics.  If under the 3/4 window it can be tricky to repair.  Given the sill covers are on, it likely has some nastiness hiding away unless sills have been done, but if Colin removes the covers you can check easily and also check kidneys once on a lift.

Thanks Richard, Will let you know what i discover next week. Just considering my options on buying a car that on the face of it has all the bits i need to build my ideal car  against buying bit by bit along the way and probably spending a similar amount of money.

Why did I sell my CS ??????

8 hours ago, R2D2 said:

I agree.

Why is that foam pad thing there anyways? 

Stops road crud from flirting right up into the C post.  A bit crude.

18 hours ago, alpole said:

Thanks Richard, Will let you know what i discover next week. Just considering my options on buying a car that on the face of it has all the bits i need to build my ideal car  against buying bit by bit along the way and probably spending a similar amount of money.

Why did I sell my CS ??????

I think the 9m sleeper is perfect for you, much better than the CS as you can rag it senseless with virtually zero guilt! (much like you used to do with with CS :) )

When are you going to see it? Tempted to suggest negotiate on the price instead of getting any rust repaired before purchase. Then you get some time to hack about in it for a while and decide how thoroughly you want to do any repairs / painting / colour change etc.

I think it would be hard to buy the car / bits needed to build that car nowadays as there are so many more people chasing that kinda kit and prices have pushed up.

48 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I think the 9m sleeper is perfect for you, much better than the CS as you can rag it senseless with virtually zero guilt! (much like you used to do with with CS :) )

When are you going to see it? Tempted to suggest negotiate on the price instead of getting any rust repaired before purchase. Then you get some time to hack about in it for a while and decide how thoroughly you want to do any repairs / painting / colour change etc.

I think it would be hard to buy the car / bits needed to build that car nowadays as there are so many more people chasing that kinda kit and prices have pushed up.

Thanks mate . THink your on my wave length !!! well i know you are.

The sum of the current bits even with work required is similar to me hunting about and at the end of the day the Rat look seems to be in . ☺️