Wevo engine mounts

Ian Comerford

I’ve got wevo ones on the rear engine support beam. They look great but that’s about all I can tell you.😁

When I picked them up from the manufacturer he recommended fitting these to the big beam and standard or poly bushes to the gearbox beam. (For road use)

Not had any issues with them.

Regards

Russ

I’m getting Clubsport engine and transmission mounts fitted, my shop recommended them as a great upgrade for a street car without being too harsh. They were relatively inexpensive too, $100 for all 4.

Thank you.  I u

graded from standard to a set of mixed clubsport and cabriolet mounts for the engine and gearbox when I last replaced them as they are stiffer than standard.  Fancied some Wevo ones this time but wanted to be sure the black ones weren’t harsh(er)

I have WEVO engine mounts - been in there for a long time. I originally ran the blue ones (I think that's all they offered at the time) but switched to the black ones some years ago.

If anything I think I prefer the blue ones.

I would not consider them harsh for road use - especially so for someone running a mega exhaust ;) 

8 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

I have WEVO engine mounts - been in there for a long time. I originally ran the blue ones (I think that's all they offered at the time) but switched to the black ones some years ago.

I would not consider them harsh for road use - especially so for someone running a mega exhaust ;) 

Talking of exhausts, what happened to your Eisenmann after?

On 5/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, Chris_911 said:

Chris,

What made you change from blue to black and why do you now prefer the blue?  Grateful for your thoughts

Thank you

Ian

I fitted the WEVO blues many moons ago, harsher than standard ones, had no issues and after many many continent miles don't think they'll be an issue for you.

2 hours ago, Beaky said:

I fitted the WEVO blues many moons ago, harsher than standard ones, had no issues and after many many continent miles don't think they'll be an issue for you.

When you say harsher, do you mean this or just firmer?  Were they noisier?  It would be good to understand the difference between the blue and black Wevos as it’s not obvious from the website.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Phill said:

Are the wevo different to Superpro?

I think so but not sure of exactly what the differences are.   From a quick search D911 sell Superpro bushes for £85, but only the bushes ie no mountshttps://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2612/Engine---Gearbox-Mount-Bush-Porsche-911-SuperPro/

I assume you have to tear your existing ones apart and use the new Superpro ones,  to sure.  The Wevo ones seem better engineered to me but need to know which is firmer, black or blue

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there isn’t an upside downside conundrum according to that tech spec I posted a couple of months ago. From a certain date (which I can’t recall) they are supposed to face inwards.  The Wevo upper ones only face one way

The verdict today is they look very nice, a bit of jewellery in the engine bay.  Not driven it yet so no idea of whether they will be more firm that the clubsport ones that were fitted.  I will let you know.  The good thing is that if they are too firm I can just swap out the blue for the black ones at £36

Ian