Free IB bonnet and windows

Fred

Hey guys,

I am trying to help my brother emptying my old garage in Brighton. 

I have an IB bonnet and windows who needs to go in the next couple of months. It's free, just need to be collected. I can put you in touch with my brother for collection time.

Cheers,

Fred

Hi Fred,

Which windows mate? I need front door windows and door quarter windows because when I had my bodywork done some clown used an angle grinder spraying all over mine so they are pitted. :(

By the way, what are you doing with your car these days? It wasn't a million miles off being finished was it?

Alex, I'll ask my brother to send me a picture of what windows are in the garage, 

Not sure my car will ever see a road again. I have no time or interest about cars these days. 

What has happened Fred? Has life’s problems intervened? I have an inclination on that vein as I have to motivate myself sometimes to get out to the garage and get stuck in! (That is after a lifetime of being passionately obsessed with all things automotive!) Maybe there comes a time in one’s life that other pressing things take over and energy and enthusiasm only stretches so far? Selling the Turbo has crossed my mind quite a few times recently, but I chickened out when I go into the garage and sit and look at it........I sometimes think that divorcing my lovely Wife would be easier!

Regards,

David

37 minutes ago, Fred said:

Alex, I'll ask my brother to send me a picture of what windows are in the garage, 

Not sure my car will ever see a road again. I have no time or interest about cars these days. 

Thanks Fred.

If you've lost the 911 love but are close to the finish line then I'd say get the car finished, on the road and sell it. Buy yourself a speedboat, a kitchen, hell - buy yourself a kitchen in a speedboat. Don't turn into Gary H & leave it unloved in a garage forever :P   ;)

8 minutes ago, ALEX P said:

Thanks Fred.

If you've lost the 911 love but are close to the finish line then I'd say get the car finished, on the road and sell it. Buy yourself a speedboat, a kitchen, hell - buy yourself a kitchen in a speedboat. Don't turn into Gary H & leave it unloved in a garage forever :P   ;)

Lol! If I don't do anything with it, it might just go to one of my brothers, otherwise it will go to my son when he'll be 18! 10years to go!!!! 

31 minutes ago, David Gander said:

What has happened Fred? Has life’s problems intervened? I have an inclination on that vein as I have to motivate myself sometimes to get out to the garage and get stuck in! (That is after a lifetime of being passionately obsessed with all things automotive!) Maybe there comes a time in one’s life that other pressing things take over and energy and enthusiasm only stretches so far? Selling the Turbo has crossed my mind quite a few times recently, but I chickened out when I go into the garage and sit and look at it........I sometimes think that divorcing my lovely Wife would be easier!

Regards,

David

Hello David,

Yes, I know the feeling. Many things in my mind at the moment, the 3.2 is just not a focus of mine for the time being. It would be hard to see it go though... 

Edited by Fred
Spelling

16 hours ago, ALEX P said:

Hi Fred,

Which windows mate? I need front door windows and door quarter windows because when I had my bodywork done some clown used an angle grinder spraying all over mine so they are pitted. :(

By the way, what are you doing with your car these days? It wasn't a million miles off being finished was it?

Hello Alex, 

Unfortunately, it looks like I haven't got the ones you looking for. I have the rear screen and the 2 rear windows. 

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Cheers

Hi Fred. I could make use of the rear window and rear quarters please - if no one else wants them. For my 912 which has a pretty poor rear screen.   I am in mid Wales however so collection could be a pain 

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Hello Alex, 

Unfortunately, it looks like I haven't got the ones you looking for. I have the rear screen and the 2 rear windows. 

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Cheers

No worries.

Thanks anyway Fred.

Hey Fred if getting them collected ASAP is the priority then I could make use of the rear screen & 2 rear side windows if BusyBee cant pull his finger out first :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Phill 😂 I am at a disadvantage however usually living in gods own country and currently lounging by a pool in Mallorca. Drove the Sa Colebra yesterday in a Peugeot 208 😂

B88EAED3-F944-4B17-99DA-C9A9852A175A.jpeg

BB8999F0-B9E2-4681-A1A1-4354122E4D0A.jpeg

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

Hey Fred if getting them collected ASAP is the priority then I could make use of the rear screen & 2 rear side windows if BusyBee cant pull his finger out first :)

I can pick them up from Fred's brother and stash them in my garage until I'm up your way again Jev ? 

52 minutes ago, Phill said:

RACE! My money is on the Jevmeister....

Hahahaha, Proposed rule change called the "FOC addendum" - If its free, its a RACE!!! 

49 minutes ago, Busybee said:

...currently lounging by a pool in Mallorca. Drove the Sa Colebra yesterday in a Peugeot 208 😂

Finding...it...hard....to.....be..........sympathetic!

8 minutes ago, GaryH said:

I can pick them up from Fred's brother and stash them in my garage until I'm up your way again Jev ? 

bonza!

No idea Gary. Said I'd have them but transport a pain for me being in Mid Wales then Jev said he'd have them. Only wanted them as mine are tatty, particularly the heater element in the back screen is broken. If Jev really needs them, no worries. 

On 6/11/2019 at 1:26 PM, Busybee said:

No idea Gary. Said I'd have them but transport a pain for me being in Mid Wales then Jev said he'd have them. Only wanted them as mine are tatty, particularly the heater element in the back screen is broken. If Jev really needs them, no worries. 

Hows about I take Gary up on his kind offer of collecting the parts so they are out of Freds hair (you still got that fantastic hair Fred?) and then I'll get them from Gary when I next meet him and store them at mine. If I get round to using them before you I win the race, if you need them first you can come and collect from me and you win?

4 hours ago, jevvy said:

Hows about I take Gary up on his kind offer of collecting the parts so they are out of Freds hair (you still got that fantastic hair Fred?) and then I'll get them from Gary when I next meet him and store them at mine. If I get round to using them before you I win the race, if you need them first you can come and collect from me and you win?

Yeah fine Jev. Only the back window I’m after really. Sides not so bad. Might splurge and buy a new one. Going in soonish as I’m reheadlining very soon. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, JamieB911 said:

I’d be interested in the bonnet if possible. Happy to collect

When I collected the screen and side windows Fred's brother mentioned he'd had no contact about bonnet collection Jamie. I said I'd chase it with you.